She doesn't want a boyfriend right now, but says she likes me. Not sure what to do?

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 06:22 pm
This is what I said to her and this what she said back. (Been talking to her for like 2 months)

Me: Hey, I like you, but is this going anywhere or did you just want to be friends?
Her: I like you too, but I don't really want a boyfriend right now. I just got out of a really long relationship.
Me: Okay thats fine.
Her: I do like you, I just need a little time I'm sorry.

I figured she didn't really like me so I was going to stop talking to her, but then 2 days later she texted me. Now I don't really know what to do.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 6,163 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 06:32 pm
@christopherjohnson93,
She told you. You just need to listen.

She needs more than 2 days, but she also wants to maintain a connection.

Hang back. Be her friend. Don't push the boyfriend angle, 'cause it ain't happenin' right now.
christopherjohnson93

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 06:59 pm
@jespah,
I feel like if she really liked me she wouldn't have said that. When would be a good time to ask her to hangout or would I have to wait for her to tell me?
vikorr

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 11:58 pm
@christopherjohnson93,
Well of course if she really liked you she wouldn't have said that.

At the same time, that doesn't mean what you have with her can't develop something more - just that she is cautious of you, and men in general. I would advise looking elsewhere, but keeping her an option should nothing else come up.

Also, despite that she is not ready, actually being just her friend will end up in just that - you being just her friend. Always know what you want, and know that you have every right to go after that - with respect (for both you and her, or whoever)
0 Replies