will it happen?

marimba

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 03:37 am
so, i have like this giant dude-crush on this guy at work. hes my age (20me, him 19)and hes not particularly hot as society might label him but hes so cute to me and hes such a gentlemen. lately i've been flirting with him and he jokingly (or at least im leaving it that way to not get my hopes up) does it back. like innapropriate comments, or just blows kisses. or like if i ask for scissors he'll put them ubder his belt buckle for me to grab or he'll reach into my pocket to grab things, and feed me from like his spoon. im thinking hes just comfortable with me since we've gotten to be good coworkers. he may just be playing around since as far as he knows i like girls. which i do too. but the other day we both got drunk and he was very affectionate. like he spooned me while he walked me to the car and he kept just being really feely. on top of that i purposely told the big mouth at work that i had a crush on him knowing shed most likely go tell him and he has been more reciprocal about the situation since then. idk, i really want to step it up and let him know how i feel but also dont want to freak him out if hes just being friendly, or is getting the wrong message. plus his recent facebook statuses are all sad about being single and lonely so i thought maybe its a window of opportunity to let him know he can have someone. sorry if im too wordy. jsut some thought at the top of my mind that i cant really talk about with my frineds...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 790 • Replies: 3
No top replies

trying2learn

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 03:45 am
@marimba,
You shouldn't date someone you work with. Think about it, it might end up in losing your job or in rare cases you get married and live happy ever after...doubt that.
marimba

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 03:53 am
@trying2learn,
yeah i know. plus my workplace has rules against it. i mean it happens ALOT even my boss is doing it but i want to be the bigger person. thats exactly why i needed feedback from people i didnt know and wouldnt bias their answers. thank you Smile
jespah

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 07:27 am
@marimba,
Please recognize that the belt buckle thing in particular is nascent sexual harassment. Consider how you would feel if he was someone you weren't attracted to. Case in point. I was in my early 20s when I worked at a firm with an older male paralegal. There was a copier in a tight space. You had to kind of go sideways to get past it if you were carrying anything. I had to pass by there for some reason or another and the guy was there and yes, he had an erection.

And yeah, it's a good 25 years later and it still creeps me out.
0 Replies