How can I avoid the influence of bad people on my life?

Wed 14 Nov, 2012 12:46 pm
Many people here in India, who I thought would be my good friends, turned out to be backstabbers, who go about spreading false information about me and it is affecting my life. How do I have this stopped permanently?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,057 • Replies: 4
Topic Closed
No top replies

vikorr

Wed 14 Nov, 2012 05:35 pm
@studydreams,
You can't stop people talking as they want to.

That last bit is to point out that you can choose friends who don't want to - who are genuine, and who care - and who are true friends.

You can lessen the affect on you by growing as an individual - growing your self esteem, your self respect, your individual power, your compassion, your empathy, your assertiveness etc...as you grow, others opinions that disagree with how you see yourself are considered, but not taken to heart (as in detrimentally), in how you wish to grow from here.

That said - we are all social creatures, and achieving the noticeable effects of the above is difficult (but not impossible).

Another way is to learn how to confront such rumours - respectfully.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Thu 15 Nov, 2012 12:49 pm
@studydreams,
Your title

Quote:
How can I avoid the influence of bad people on my life?

….doesn't agree with the q of your OP,

Quote:
it is affecting my life. How do I have this stopped permanently?

Do you wish to avoid the influence of bad people or to stop the spreading of false info

It could perhaps help if you would reveal something about yourself; age, sex, nationality, ed., family, motives, etc etc
0 Replies

dalehileman

Tue 8 Jan, 2013 01:37 pm
@studydreams,
Quote:
How do I have this stopped permanently?
You might try cultivating otherwise innocent riposte. Such an angry clod is often susceptible, you can really set him in turmoil

However if you know any to be nearby residents I'd take another approach. As a semi-pro troll myself--esp because I don't disguise my identify--I've often pictured in minds' eye the squadron of garishly-detailed pickup trucks descending at midnight upon my home, carrying shotguns and shouting slogans
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Tue 8 Jan, 2013 02:05 pm
Since you have identified these people as "bad" - why do you need an excuse to distance yourself from them?

RUN, get away from them!!! THAT is the only thing you need to do.

Meet new people and cultivate new friendships.
0 Replies