Angered Romney voter runs over husband for not voting

wmwcjr

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 02:24 pm
Here's an interesting human interest story ...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-husband-run-over-obama-20121112,0,708252.story
Quote:
Cops: Woman angered by Obama re-election runs over husband for not voting

PHOENIX — An Arizona woman, in despair at the re-election of Democratic President Barack Obama, ran down her husband with the family car in suburban Phoenix on Saturday because he failed to vote in the election, police said Monday.

Holly Solomon, 28, was arrested after running over husband Daniel Solomon following a wild chase that left him pinned underneath the vehicle.

Daniel Solomon, 36, was in critical condition at a local hospital but is expected to survive, Gilbert police spokesman Sgt. Jesse Sanger said.

Police said Daniel Solomon told them his wife became angry over his "lack of voter participation" in last Tuesday's presidential election and believed her family would face hardship as a result of Obama winning another term.

Witnesses reported the argument broke out on Saturday morning in a parking lot and escalated. Holly Solomon then chased her husband around the lot with the car, yelling at him as he tried to hide behind a light pole, police said. He was struck after attempting to flee to a nearby street.

... an example of postelection craziness.

spendius

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 02:33 pm
@wmwcjr,
A harbinger maybe. A bit inefficient but there's always evolution ready to strive for perfection.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 02:38 pm
@wmwcjr,
It would happen in Arizona, wouldn't it.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 02:52 pm
@spendius,
It was a member of the party of deniers of evolution, dude. An Old Testament act.
engineer

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 02:55 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Went to the barber today and he related a story of a long time customer who came in and complained about CNN showing on the TV saying they just tell lies. The barber asked who tells the truth and the guy clammed up and ask the barber if he was voting for Obama. The barber said yes then the guy got all red as asked if the barber thought he was better off than four years ago. The barber said he was about the same, then the guy said he didn't need to listen to that, stormed out of the shop and sat in his car making rude gestures.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 02:55 pm
@spendius,
First, I should state the obvious: My intention was not to tar a group of people; namely, Romney voters. After all, my wife (whom I love dearly) is one of them. (But since she's been legally blind for most of her life, she's never been able to drive a car. Mr. Green ) I was simply amazed that anyone would attempt vehicular homicide for such a trivial reason. Oh, forget what I said. There was probably a lot more to her flipping out than that.

Heh, I noticed your dig at the theory of evolution. No, I'm not irritated by it. I don't believe in the theory of evolution, either. Spendius, you're a braver man than I (not to mention a better online debater), withstanding the slings and arrows of outraged evolutionists.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 03:04 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I'm afraid Arizona has company. I live in Texas. Mr. Green
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 03:14 pm
@edgarblythe,
A bit severe, I must admit. Shocked

Originally I, too, had intended to not cast a vote as a Texan (in other words, as a person whose state wasn't exactly a swing state); but at the very last moment when better judgment on my part failed to prevail, I decided to cast a vote for the Greenie. Embarrassed Mr. Green
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 03:34 pm
@wmwcjr,
While Obama is not the perfect president, I felt it was most important to vote against the Tea Party mentality. Send a message. Now, we can turn our attention to supporting what's right with the administration and what needs to be fixed.
PUNKEY

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 03:58 pm
What percentage do you think the Tea Party represented for the Repubs.

I consider them a "fringe" group - kind of like the Hollywood gang for Obama - but much poorer.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 03:59 pm
@edgarblythe,
Like that'll ever happen (fixing things).
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 04:00 pm
@Mame,
This fiscal cliff thing is about to rob the people like Robin Hood in reverse.
Green Witch

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 04:16 pm
@edgarblythe,
Edgar, I don't have time to stick around and discuss this, but you might find it interesting:
http://billmoyers.com/content/why-washingtons-fiscal-cliff-is-a-myth/
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 04:34 pm
@Green Witch,
http://able2know.org/topic/201479-4#post-5166510
0 Replies