Do I seem like I have diabetes?

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 01:24 pm
I am 16 years of age; and symptoms include excessive thirst; a great deal of hunger; going to the toilet quite often; like; every course in school I have to go to the toilet, tingling in my own hands; wounds which are slow to recover, and EXTREME exhaustion. What do you consider? What sort of test do maybe not or I simply take to get out if I have it? I took a simple blood test for a check-up a week past; but should can there be a particular test I have to take? I also have a genealogy and family history of diabetes. I usually do not feel ill or any such thing and I feel other than being tired on a regular basis with headaches and stomach aches. What do you consider?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,827 • Replies: 3
No top replies

roger

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 02:12 pm
@hinesecedrela,
Test is for a1C. Your doctor can order it done.

There used to be kits you could do at home and send to a lab for analysis. Ask at a large pharmacy.
0 Replies

amygarside

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 06:32 pm
@hinesecedrela,
You need to have yourself checked by a doctor so that proper diagnosis will be done. If there are tests, maybe they would give you FBS-fasting blood sugar to determine how high is your blood sugar.
0 Replies

wene69

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2014 11:25 pm
@hinesecedrela,
By all means see your family Dr and write down all your symptoms and ask to be tested for diabetes. The dr will most likely do a glucose tolerance test and maybe an A1C. Please get it checked soon. You are awfully young to have those symptoms. It can save your life.
0 Replies