Should i become a Nurse?

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 09:10 pm
I am confused... I love Science, it is my passion... i am a straight A student in college . Yet, I am confused with my choice of career, between a doctor or a nurse. In these economic times, becoming a doctor in my country is very very expensive and the assurance of a job here is quite negligible. However, becoming a nurse has its perks in my country. They are looking for more nurses and paying them to stay in the nursing school literally, and the assurance of a job is very high. Please help me with my decision, I am already on the route to becoming a doctor, but it is never to late to become a nurse. I just want to Help People in my career with science but don't know which one to choose?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,270 • Replies: 2
No top replies

amygarside

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2012 06:32 pm
@Gabby 300,
First of all, being a doctor and a nurse entail a lot of responsibility. You are responsible for your patients' well-being. Being a nurse can be both rewarding and demanding due to the different tasks that are given to you. A person needs passion and commitment to work in both.
Second one I would like to ask is, loving Science is not all about being a doctor and a nurse. Maybe you should weigh and reflect more if you really want to pursue this line of profession.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2012 06:52 pm
@Gabby 300,
Being a nurse has more responsibility towards patients, because they spend more time with each patient. They learn symptoms and signs that can reveal something is going wrong, and respond quicker than any doctor. My wife was a nurse for over 45 years, and she loved it. My wife and her friend wrote a book on nursing care when she was working. She's been retired for several years, but still volunteers at the hospital - but not as a nurse. She helps transfer patients around the hospital in wheelchairs. Our friends still call her before they contact their own doctors - trust built over many years.

Only you can choose what you wish to do with your life. Choose the one that you believe will make you happy working in.
0 Replies