spendius

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 05:58 pm
@spendius,
When Mr Bernard Shaw said that giving women the vote would end up in ovary obsessions he was not kidding.
firefly

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 05:59 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Where did firefly advocate for a "pro police state?"

Hawkeye has to promote that phony nonsense about me so he has a straw-man to argue against. His views of firefly's positions are largely fictional.

Anyone, who supports any laws at all, advocates a "police state" in his mind.
spendius

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 06:00 pm
@spendius,
Henry Miller followed up with his essay "On The Ovarian Trolley"

Shaw was not a poet.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 06:03 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Anyone, who supports any laws at all, advocates a "police state" in his mind.

That's basic logic for an evolutionist.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 06:03 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
She thinks the state should take control of women's bodies.

No, I believe quite the opposite. The government has no right to interfere with medical decisions that women--or men--make regarding their own bodies.

Sober up, spendi, I've reiterated that position many times, but you fail to grasp it.
Region Philbis

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 06:04 pm

apologies if this was already posted...
Quote:
Inside Team Romney's whale of an IT meltdown

It was supposed to be a "killer app," but a system deployed to volunteers by Mitt Romney's
presidential campaign may have done more harm to Romney's chances on Election Day—
largely because of a failure to follow basic best practices for IT projects.

Called "Orca," the effort was supposed to give the Romney campaign its own analytics on
what was happening at polling places and to help the campaign direct get-out-the-vote
efforts in the key battleground states of Ohio, Florida, Pennsylvania, Iowa, and Colorado.

Instead, volunteers couldn't get the system to work from the field in many states—in some
cases because they had been given the wrong login information. The system crashed repeatedly.
At one point, the network connection to the Romney campaign's headquarters went down
because Internet provider Comcast reportedly thought the traffic was caused by a denial of
service attack.

As one Orca user described it to Ars, the entire episode was a "huge clusterf**k." Here's how it
happened...
(read on)
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 06:06 pm
@firefly,
I bet you thought you are an evolutionist.

I don't take any notice of half-baked evolutionists who use "science" to feather their own nests.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 06:07 pm
@firefly,
Spendy is slightly new at being a Teaparty spokesman. It will take him some time to get it right.
snood

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 06:11 pm
@edgarblythe,
Spendi's ether-inundated braincells won't allow him to be an intelligible spokesperson for himself, much less the Teaparty.
spendius

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 06:14 pm
@edgarblythe,
The Tea Party!!??? Sheesh!!

Fox had a pretty lady bringing us the latest news on the condition of injured footballers. Completely sold out. Thanks for watching Fox Extra.

Mrs Palin? Right wing?????!!!!!!! Give over ed.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 06:21 pm
@snood,
Thank you snood. You are so incisive. I'll try to do better.
snood

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 06:26 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Thank you snood. You are so incisive. I'll try to do better.

Sorry, Spendius. It's just that sometimes it really appears as if you're trying to reason from inside a very thick fog.
firefly

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 06:28 pm
@snood,
And that also causes him to lose sight of the topic as he meanders all over the place.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 06:51 pm
@snood,
Since I'm not emotionally involved, I seek to see things as they are.

It wasn't a "squeaker," nor was it a large margin. We have evidence of large margins.

I also think that there are some Americans who vote for the Republican candidate for reasons other than racism. I do acknowledge that race is a factor, mostly with black voters, as evidenced by the 93% of them who chose the black candidate. THAT bit of demographic information is MUCH more serious than white voters voting for Romney due to his race.

Personally, when both of my children informed me they were voting for Obama - as did their SOs, I agreed it was probably the best choice.
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 07:15 pm
@Baldimo,
I see this cracker hits then takes off like some whiney little bitch. Come on back cracker!
Ticomaya

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 07:23 pm
@MMarciano,
MMarciano wrote:
I see this cracker hits then takes off like some whiney little bitch. Come on back cracker!

What's with the "cracker" comments?
snood

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 07:24 pm
Lash:

Quote:
THAT bit of demographic information is MUCH more serious than white voters voting for Romney due to his race.

...in your opinion.

I will stipulate that the fact that some blacks vote for Obama because he's black and some whites voted for Romney because he's white are both serious matters, but certainly not that the blacks voting black somehow constitute a more serious issue.

I think the racial issue that is most relevant and pressing in the sphere of presidential politics is the fact that the GOP is going to have to either find some way to appeal to other than white men or become obsolete. And I think that fact is self evident.

MMarciano

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 07:25 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

MMarciano wrote:

What's with the "cracker" comments?

You know what a cracker is?
Ticomaya

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 07:29 pm
@MMarciano,
A white guy, right? Sorta like calling a Puerto Rican a spic?

Or am I wrong?
tenderfoot

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 07:32 pm
@spendius,
spendiousus would dearly love to be able to press a button and put us all back into the 12 th century and him to be pope.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/08/2024 at 09:48:56