Baldimo

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 08:03 pm
@MMarciano,
MMarciano: You are a jackass. I happen to be married to a black woman so racism isn't my way.
MMarciano

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 08:04 pm
@Baldimo,
There is about a half a dozen white crackers on this site and you’re one of them.
engineer
  Selected Answer

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 08:05 pm
@farmerman,
While I think Romney ran a decent campaign, I think he made three whopper errors.

1) Opposing the car bailout: This was a big risk in Ohio and Michigan and he paid for it. Obama's handling of the auto bailout was one of the highlights of his first four years both in effectiveness and in popularity.

2) Getting caught in the Jeep lie. Same thing here although perhaps Ohio was lost and it was a hail Mary pass. Having two extremely important employers publicly call you a liar is not the way to carry a swing state.

3) 47%. Even conservative pundits where shocked by this one. If there was a moment that cemented the view that Romney was Thurson Howell the 4th it was his callous disregard for the working poor and the elderly.
MMarciano

@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

MMarciano: You are a jackass. I happen to be married to a black woman so racism isn't my way.

Bullshit, you're still a freaking cracker, I'm calling out your bullshit, post the photo cracker!
0 Replies

farmerman

@MMarciano,
Baldimo has been our resident conspiracy theorist
MMarciano

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 08:06 pm
@farmerman,
I've noticed that. The resident jackass!
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 08:08 pm
@MMarciano,
I'm more of a caramel color thank you very much. Nothing white or cracker like from this guy. You are still a jackass though.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 08:08 pm
@MMarciano,
MMarciano wrote:

I never believed for a minute Romney had a chance of winning. The only people that wanted a Romney win were those that wanted anyone but the black man. White racist crackers in this country. A good example would be Baldimo!

The quintesential Obama supporter, and, obviously, there are a whole lot of them.

God Bless America? No, God Help America!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 08:09 pm
@engineer,
1. Yah, double yah. Whats surpprising to me was that the vote in Ohio was that close because of his abandonment of a hundred thousand workers in associated industries.

2Did that hve enough time to "fester" for its full significance. It sorta came up really close to the end (sorta like SWandy's effects on Christies career in the GOP)

3That was Romney's "rape moment", I agree
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 08:10 pm
@Baldimo,
you are a conspiracy theoreticist graham cracker
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 08:12 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
You really think so? BEST SHOT?? naah,

Yes, I really think so. You can say "naah", but I bet you can't tell me who would have been a better shot.
farmerman

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 08:18 pm
@Thomas,
Youve just looked at the field as presented. I say that they didnt look deeply into their gaggle to draft or draw out the best. For exam[ple, as Romney was moving lwft, why the hell did they pull out some right wing jackdaw who only appeals to the TEd Nugent crowd.

Look at all their presented candidates in waiting. HERMANN CAIN, PERRY< NEWT< PAUL< etc etc.
Aslo they broke the entire linkage with Bush (who could have helped get some Latino support). They acknow;edged "problems" with Bush but never tried to assimilate him into a senior statesman role,
EVEN NIXON was rehabbed
farmerman

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 08:25 pm
@farmerman,
Overall, the election was close. SO cose that it was winnable for Romney had he spent some serious thinking to NOT alienate so many constituencies as he did. He could have won Ohio. He coulda won Virginia, same thing with Colorado and NM and Wisconsin. Im assuming his loss in Florida will be less than 19K votes and thats the prt of the blck and latina women hes pissed and the Mine Workers Union members in the S&G and phosphate fields.
He coulda won Florida

His loss was a result of a seris of small cumulative **** ups, not any one of which was a show stopper but Romney has shown us an uncanny ability to alienate almost anyone
sozobe

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 09:12 pm
@Thomas,
Right.

Obama was the opposite of that, and that was part of why I was so enthusiastic about him from so early on. After the Kerry experience, I was relishing the thought of voting FOR someone rather than AGAINST someone else. (I liked Kerry 'n' all, but...)
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 09:42 pm
@sozobe,
Romney didn't have a Silver Star for being shot at in anger while in the service of our country like Kerry did.

One of the things that made me sympathetic to Kerry was the swift boat vets.

Rap
farmerman

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 12:31 am
@raprap,
The way Kerry handled the "Swiftboat douche bags" was one of those little areas that he fucked up.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 07:31 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Romney has shown us an uncanny ability to alienate almost anyone

You can say that again.

Quote:
The prime minister breathed a sigh of relief after learning of Obama's success because the two leaders have built up a strong rapport over the last two years. Obama admired the prime minister for taking decisive action in Libya and he rewarded him with a reception on the South Lawn of the White House in March, which was a state visit in all but name.

Cameron would have had a prickly start to relations with a President Romney after delivering a public rebuke to the Republican candidate after he questioned London's preparedness to stage the Olympics

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/nov/08/david-cameron-romney-warning-failure

Bear in mind Cameron is a Conservative.
farmerman

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 09:48 am
@izzythepush,
your "conservatives" are like our "Rockerfeller Republicans" moderate in everything except fiscal policy
izzythepush

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 12:21 pm
@farmerman,
I don't know about that, we've got right wing nutters as well. From the same article.

Quote:
A Romney victory would also have emboldened the Tory right, which Cameron refers to with disdain in private.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 04:01 pm
Whenever one of the party experience a defeat the blood-letting begins and the "helpful" advice from the other side flows.

Initially it's a fairly irrational process fueled by anger, frustration, and the desire to announce "I told you so."

It's much like the burning at the stake of the cross-eyed woman when the crops fail.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 08:55:59