Relationship

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2012 07:26 pm
What should I do after upsetting a girl?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 534 • Replies: 6
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2012 07:48 pm
@hyperdereky1,
Apologize with sincerity.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2012 07:51 pm
@tsarstepan,
with flowers...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2012 08:30 pm
he'll turn into a toad if you stop paying them...

ribbit.
0 Replies

hyperdereky1

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2012 10:26 pm
@tsarstepan,
I wrote her a card, but she just ignores me. Is this some girl stuff im not knowing? when im nearby she makes such obvious changes.
vikorr

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2012 05:00 am
@hyperdereky1,
Huh - it depends on what you did, why you did it, perhaps how much thought you put into it, and what the outcome was. Some things you apologise for, some things others require a partial apology (with an explanation), while other things that upset her you should consider whether or not an apology is either warranted or in your long term interest (as opposed to short term interest).

And apologising with a card is err...very rarely going to be accepted. It can appear to lack courage.

It's very difficult to advise anything - considering the lack of information you've provided.
hyperdereky1

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2012 11:21 pm
@vikorr,
so here's the situation:
I kind of cracked a mean joke-ish comment about her which made her cry. I didn't know what to do so I guess I made the worst possible move of letting time do the healing. Perhaps it was made worse cuz she just stopped talking to me at all. After like 6 months (yes i know, its a really long time), i wrote her a card that i put like hours of effort into with a bunch of funny but not mean jokes which i thought would cheer her up and get her to become more friendly. One of my friend that was there when she opened the card said that she was surprised that the card was from me. Her friend was like, "Oooh... he likes you." Apparently, I don't think my card worked that well. My best friend said she's just shy. I hope so too, but part of me just tells me I screwed up and she's giving me the cold shoulders.

I'm one of those guys that are hard to approach but once you actually get to know me, they find out I'm a lot more on the inside. I am also very shy but optimistic and lively when I'm around familiar faces. I think she is the same.

Question is: what is the best way for a shy person to start talking to another shy person?
0 Replies