The good side of Sandy.

Ceili

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2012 10:44 am
http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/11/video-power-returns-for-east-village-residents.html

I watched this video and it made me smile. I could imagine being there. NYC has suffered so much in the past few years. I think it's admirable how well they have weathered this storm. I didn't read about any crime waves or looting or riots. I'm sure there was a criminal or two who looked on this as an opportunity. There's always a few in any crowd. And the gas line-ups, any overly long queue can be brutal if your neighbours are jerks.
However, overall, the big apple seemed to shine with civility and kindness.
Throughout this week, I've seen countless acts of kindness. People and businesses helping each other through tough times. Donations of food, clothing, water, money, time.. not just in NYC, but all over, in what I'm sure are very trying times.
I guess I just wanted to say, that in the next few days the USA could be on a very different political track, but deep down, you're all pretty good peeps. And if this event has proven anything, it that the notion of helping your fellow American is somehow un-American is an utter lie.
Anyway, the purpose wasn't to get political, just to share a smile and an impression. I hope everyone affected is back on track.
It's been harrowing to watch from afar, I can only imagine having to live through Sandy's wrath.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 1,725 • Replies: 1
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2012 07:04 pm
@Ceili,
Im sure ita driving new yorkers nutz. They cant stand being civil for more than an obligatory five to seven seconds.

Just wishum good luck and try not to get involved
0 Replies