Does "accounts" here mean "descriptions"?

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 05:53 am

Context:
Buehner decided to test this hypothesis in two experiments using an event-anticipation paradigm. Participants in the experiments had to predict when a target light would flash. In the Baseline condition, the target flash was preceded by a signal light; in the Self-Causal condition, participants pressed a button to generate the target flash; in the Machine-Causal condition, a separate machine pressed the button to generate the target flash. According to the causal binding hypothesis, the Self-Causal and Machine-Causal conditions should lead participants to anticipate the target flash earlier relative to Baseline; according to intentional binding accounts, only participants in the Self-Causal condition would show early anticipation.

More:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/10/121031142005.htm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 793 • Replies: 4
No top replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2013 02:20 pm
@oristarA,
No...It is saying according to all the intentional binding participants that were tested, only participants in the self-casual condition would show early anticipation (Early eagerly await) (or expectation)
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2013 02:22 pm
@oristarA,
"Participants results"....

Or certain ones tested, or examined...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2013 01:06 am
@oristarA,
Sorry...I think I should correct what I have said...

Quote:
According to the causal binding hypothesis, the Self-Causal and Machine-Causal conditions should lead participants to anticipate the target flash earlier relative to Baseline; according to intentional binding accounts, only participants in the Self-Causal condition would show early anticipation.

According to the "described hypothesized views" only participants in the self causal condition would show early anticipation...and not Machine casual as well...

Hence the theory, and test...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2013 01:11 am
@oristarA,
"descriptions" and in a "hypothesis" or "theory"

Yes, it does mean "explained hypothesized descriptions"...
0 Replies