Bush Campaign Announces Two Million New Jobs Created

dyslexia

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 08:25 pm
So just being curious, with Bush hooking up with Presidente Fox, was there a deal made so that gringos crossing the river into Mexico looking for jobs would not be harrassed by the Mexican Dept of Immigration?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 08:33 pm
Ya got me, McG.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 09:06 pm
From Bob Herbert's Column today in the NYT

Quote:
The Labor Department report was as grim as faces on a bread line. Despite all the president's promises, the economy added just 21,000 jobs last month. No jobs were added by the private sector. The 21,000 additional jobs were all government hires.

The report also showed that job growth in December and January was worse than previously believed. The January tally was revised from 112,000 to 97,000. The December count dropped from 16,000 to a pathetic 8,000.

(My apologies to Bob if I've mis-stated the difference between 'no jobs were added' and 'no new jobs were created.')

Mcgentrix

What were the three jobs your company created? Curious at what level they are because the column goes on to say that it is college-educated middle aged persons who seem to be worse off than most except for black males in New York City. The unemployment rate for them is approaching 50 per cent.

Joe
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 09:33 pm
2 were manufacturer (plant assembly line) jobs and one for a new product manager (marketing).

Not much, but it is new jobs in the private sector.

I realize it's not much of a dent, but I am always trying to find a silver lining...
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 09:59 pm
Me too.
0 Replies