Bush Campaign Announces Two Million New Jobs Created

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 09:33 am
Lululand, Texas: The central office for the Campaign to Re-elect the President has announced at a news conference today the creation of two million new jobs. "This is a major recovery for the jobs market." said Madge Mallory-Barre, head co-ordinator for new news information for the campaign. When asked what sector the new jobs were being created in she replied "Why right here at the campaign, of course. We need lots of help getting President Bush re-elected." Reporters expressed doubt whether temporary election year jobs would be seen as part of a solid economic recovery Ms. Mallory-Barre retorted that "was the kind of squishy, left wing spin cycle thinking I expect to hear from the liberal media."

Two campaign leaders, Scooter and Big Ed (no last names given) explained that presently the Bush election fund is so awash with money that they couldn't figure out what to do with it all. "It worked out that we could buy ads in every market every night of the week from now until May 2005 and the folks here who do the thinking about things like this thought that the American People, God bless'em, would get sick to death of the whole process." Scooter said.

What they've decided to do is hire two million people and pay them an average of $25,000.00. That would amount to some fifty million dollars, the Bush campaign has about 200 million according to it's last report with no debt* so Scooter continued "It's no big deal, hell, Big Ed here made about twice-t that last year hisself running a bunch of little oil companies."
"My god-damned tax cut was almost fifty" Big Ed chimed in before Scooter cut him off with a look.

Reporters who asked what the duties of the new campaign workers would be were rebuffed and told to read the material handouts of which there were none.

Reporters later got the joke.

Joe Nation
Reporter-at-large.

*actual and only fact here.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,008 • Replies: 24
No top replies

Umbagog

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 04:06 pm
Huh? Is this for real? Two million republicans get $25 K to help Bush win? Talk about partisan politics. This has to be a joke. Right? Could they be that stupid to make such a claim? It's a massive insult to people tanking on their lives at this time. We'll help you, but only if you are a republican?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 04:36 pm
Well, they wanted to hire only Republicans, but so far the majority of the jobless they are finding are factory workers who are registered Democrats,

but the campaign said they would beat the bushs to find some.

and then later withdrew that statement.

Joe
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 04:47 pm
Jesus, how stupid do they think we are? Let's see if Bush keeps airing images of 9/11 now that there has been some severe criticism of it. That's another outrageous position they have taken. The image of death floating behind self-praise? Things are getting better, but look at all the carnage? Believe in me even though I did nothing when the planes were finding their targets? How stupid are the republicans?
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 04:53 pm
LOL, keep going Joe, I want to see how long you can string him along before he figures it out Laughing
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 05:01 pm
Shhhhh Fedral, ya wanna spoil everything?

I'm going to wait till he calls the local TV stations and asks why they aren't covering the story.......

Joe

PS: Is he the mirror image of you? Just asking.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 05:53 pm
Joe Nation
Joe Nation, you are a sly rascal.

BBB Laughing Laughing Laughing

Saturday March 6, 12:58 AM
Euro surges on disappointing US jobs data

The euro soared by over a cent to above the 1.23-dollar threshold after a keenly awaited US labour market report defied expectations with only a modest rise in employment.

The single European currency leapt to 1.2343 dollars after the US government said American businesses added a meager 21,000 jobs in February, dashing hopes for an end to a three-year jobs drought.

The euro was being traded later at 1.2334 dollars, having stood at 1.2185 dollars shortly before the figures were released.

Against the yen, however, the dollar held steady at 111.04 against 111.03 ahead of the publication of the data.

Economists had been forecasting a jobs gain of 125,000, although many investors were looking for an even bigger increase.

"This is another disappointing employment data which confirms that it is not all clear just yet for the US recovery, with persistent question marks over the labour market," said Audrey Childe-Freeman, economist at Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce.

"Recent rate hike talks will quickly be forgotten and this is bad news for the dollar," she added.

Analysts say the world's biggest economy must generate at least 200,000 jobs a month to make a real dent on growing workforce.

But jobs growth in February was the smallest since the labor market began expanding six months ago.

The unemployment rate was stuck at 5.6 percent.

Compounding the grim news, the Labor Department trimmed its first estimate for the January jobs gain to 97,000 from 112,000.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 06:22 pm
I thought from the title you were refering to the millions of jobs Bush helped create in third world countries when our industry was moved there.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 06:27 pm
Ed: That's actually more than two million...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 06:33 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 09:10 pm
I didn't catch this at first

Quote:
Compounding the grim news, the Labor Department trimmed its first estimate for the January jobs gain to 97,000 from 112,000.

so the measly 112,000 for January turns out to be not only below the 125,000 jobs we need just to keep up with people entering the job market, but also below the 100,000 mark that most economists were citing then as an indicator that job growth was starting to fall off. Sheesh.

Has there ever been a jobless recovery before?

Joe
0 Replies

sss2333

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2004 11:53 am
Joe Nation wrote:
I didn't catch this at first

Quote:

so the measly 112,000 for January turns out to be not only below the 125,000 jobs we need just to keep up with people entering the job market, but also below the 100,000 mark that most economists were citing then as an indicator that job growth was starting to fall off. Sheesh.

Has there ever been a jobless recovery before?

Joe

Hey Joe,

The economy needs to create 150,000 jobs a month to keep up with the population growth, not 125,000. And the Bush economic council said that after july of 2003 when the tax cuts kick in the economy would create 306,000 new jobs per month. They even said the economy would create 220,000 new jobs per month without the Bush tax cuts.

In december of 2003 we created 1000 jobs, in january of 2004 we created a revised 97,000 jobs, and in february of 2004 we created 21,000 jobs. The Bush economic council predicted 1.8 million new jobs would be created from july of 2003 to the end of 2003. From july of 2003 to 12-31-03 the economy had a net loss of 55,000 jobs.

Their predictions are fantasy, they just make it up and hope it happens. Now they are predicting 2.6 million jobs by the end of 2004, this is a pipe dream, it will never happen.

The economy is creating jobs, but they are being created in China, India, Hondurus, etc.

The economy lost another 3,000 manufacturing jobs in february, that is the 43rd month in a row we have lost manufacturing jobs. Those are the good jobs with high pay and benefits. At this rate if Bush is re-elected we wont have any jobs left by 2008.

The corporations know with Bush in office they can ship all the jobs overseas to increase their profits, Bush will let them do whatever they want because they own him. Just as the oil companies raise gas prices to $2 a gallon and Bush does nothing. They fear kerry is going to win so they are raping the country for all they can until Bush is kicked out of office.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2004 01:08 pm
Bush gotta go!!!

Joe -- You show some good humor here. You oughta write for television.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2004 05:37 pm
That was kind of cruel. With the Bush administration it could have well been true.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2004 06:43 pm
Good evening...
sss2333: the 21000 new job creation number for February is scary (I had heard 23 but 21 might be right). That is bad, very bad.
I dont know how to do quotes but you said something like "companies know they can ship jobs overseas to increase profits."
That is certainly happening but I would attribute most of the problem to people like me.
I run a small chain of retail stores. We had 32 employees at one point, earning, I guess, a fair wage and in a friendly work environment. I pay 100% of the health insurance premiums for folks who have been here a year.
We're now down to 26. Sales are flat but the health insurance premiums are up 20%.
At least once a week I have some older person come in and, with a little embarrassment, ask for a job. They want minimum wage but they NEED health insurance.
My point, sss, is that the shipping of jobs overseas may be a myth. A whipping boy, as it were. The problem is something flawed in the structure of our system.
-johnboy-
0 Replies

sss2333

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2004 09:26 pm
realjohnboy wrote:
Good evening...
sss2333: the 21000 new job creation number for February is scary (I had heard 23 but 21 might be right). That is bad, very bad.
I dont know how to do quotes but you said something like "companies know they can ship jobs overseas to increase profits."
That is certainly happening but I would attribute most of the problem to people like me.
I run a small chain of retail stores. We had 32 employees at one point, earning, I guess, a fair wage and in a friendly work environment. I pay 100% of the health insurance premiums for folks who have been here a year.
We're now down to 26. Sales are flat but the health insurance premiums are up 20%.
At least once a week I have some older person come in and, with a little embarrassment, ask for a job. They want minimum wage but they NEED health insurance.
My point, sss, is that the shipping of jobs overseas may be a myth. A whipping boy, as it were. The problem is something flawed in the structure of our system.
-johnboy-

I got the 21,000 number right from the cbs.marketwatch story.

Let me first say I worked at a big corporation called International Paper. I worked there for 17 years from 1978 to 1995.

The problem is not in our system, the problem is the workers in China who agree to do our work for 25 cents an hour.

What we need is a world minimum wage and fair trade agreements. The countries we trade with must agree to pay minimum wage etc. We are not playing on a level playing field. They should make any country that trades with us match our labor laws, environmental laws, etc. If they don't agree, we should not do business with them.

The problem is the world is in a race to the bottom, if it don't stop somewhere soon America is going to become a nation of burger flippers, and the middle class will disappear. You will have the rich and the poor with no middle class. In case you don't know it the middle class is the engine of our economy. If we lose the middle class who will buy the products we produce.

What we have is a world of third world countries selling everything to us, but they don't buy anything from us. So they get all our money and we get nothing in return. Then on top of that they steal our jobs, make our products, then ship them back to us, but the price does not go down even though the corporation has cut their labor cost by 80 percent, that's messed up.

Then the CEO gets a 300 million dollar pay package, none of it goes to the workers pay, it all goes to the top brass in the company. Basically there is no trickle down, it all goes to the big boys and the prices of the product does not go down.

We are losing 3000 manufacturing jobs a month, and have done so for 43 months in a row. Those jobs are going to China and Mexico etc. And those jobs will never come back. They are being replaced with service sector jobs that pay an average of 40% less with no health care benefits.

In 2000 the average wage was $40,000 a year, now it's $38,000 a year and dropping. At this rate in 10 years America will be a nation of burger flippers and waiters etc. The middle class will be gone and the country will be in real trouble. I se a depression coming, if the middle class disappears there will not be anyone to drive the economy.

Unless something is done soon, America is in trouble.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 08:15 pm
Everyone ought to make note that the number of private sector jobs created in February 2004 was 0. That's right 0..... the 21,000 number were the jobs opened in government positions. (I guess they need more clerks down at the unemployment offices.)

Joe

PS Watch for the new letter from George.............
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 08:17 pm
My company created 3 new jobs in February. Therefore those stats couldn't possibly be right.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 08:23 pm
My wife quit her job in Feb. My best friend's wife lost her job. And my niece was forced out of her job because she wouldn't lie about one of the patients. That puts it back to zero.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 08:24 pm
but those jobs still exist. He said ZERO NEW JOBS.
0 Replies