Affair with a close friend and neighbor

Cowboy1

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 05:42 pm
I have fallen for my neighbor after five years of being his close friend. My husband and I accepted him into our family as a close friend. He had dinner at our house every night. We supported him through several relationships. Some of the women and myself were very close friends. A year ago he married. Being such close friends we discussed everything with one another and went to eachother with concerns or issues. The connection extended to our parents, siblings, etc. Recently, I called him for support when I felt alone. My husband was working out of town and I needed someone to talk to. I called him and he came to my rescue. It started innocently enough, yes we had a physical attraction always(enough that my husband wondered) but never acted on it in the 5 years. That night we hugged, cried, and ultimately escalated the friendship by kissing. We did not have sex. The following day, both of us being a bit confused talked about the previous night. The feelings were validated by basic touch, again not sexual. We then began to arrange times to meet and be together. It escalated to a emotional and sexual relationship. We have now chosen to be in an emotionally and sexual relationship. We have set somewhat clear boundaries, neither of us intend on ending our marriages but we continue to find time to spend together alone. We engage in talking, handholding, cuddling, kissing, etc. making it difficult to stick to the idea of it being a stricktly physical relationship. What direction could this possibly go? I have been married to my husband for seven years. We have two daughters together. Our neighbor has watched them grow up and has cared for them as his own. Our lives have been intertwined for many years making it difficult to differentiate if this is meant to be or a period of time that we are unhappy in our current relationships...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 12,804 • Replies: 21
No top replies

aspvenom

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 06:16 pm
@Cowboy1,
You'll have better luck consulting a marriage counselor than writing about complicated marital problems here in hopes to find a win win solution.
0 Replies

aspvenom

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2012 09:38 pm
Here I found you a solution.
Learn well.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2012 09:54 am
Sorry Cowboy, but you are a cheating wife.

I have no sympathy or advice for you, in fact, I don't even believe your story is legit.
Chaitukpr

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2012 02:38 pm
@Cowboy1,
For your question what direction could this possibly go? - One time or another your spouse will eventually figure this out (may (or) may be not in the near time though). As a result, it may lead to your separation.

Cowboy1, trust me whatever you 're doing with your neighbour is incorrect (you know this to your heart). Since you felt alone, and felt like talking to someone you landed in an comfortable zone with that person. But going to an extent of physical relationship with him is wrong....absolutely wrong.

Back off now and if you have an habit of prayer sit in prayer.

Follow the following steps:

1. Change your place of living far from your neighbour which will avoid you to see him
2. Change your contact number
3. Spend more time with your daughters.
4. Any kind of adultery (I did not want to use this word till now) would lead to generational curses by god (Trust me). For the sin you are committing you are making your offspring fall into evil trap.

Retreat and ask for forgiveness. Talk more with your husband, spend time with him over phone (atleast try), Open up before him and tell him that you need him (or) missing him. Make him understand that you are missing him badly and would require to spend time with him.

It looks 2 me you are a nice woman and want to save marriage which I appreciate. Immediately back_off and cut_off all the communication with your neighbour first as it will be impossible for you to hide your feelings when he is around. You will be normal in sometime.

May God Bless you and your family.
TC
Pearlylustre

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2012 02:59 pm
@Chaitukpr,
Quote:
Any kind of adultery (I did not want to use this word till now) would lead to generational curses by god (Trust me). For the sin you are committing you are making your offspring fall into evil trap.

I would be interested in what evidence you have for this. I know at least one of my grandparents was an adulterer and I've never seen any evidence of it harming either my mother's generation (she and her brothers have all had long happy, fulfilling lives) or my generation (my brothers and I are all happily married and enjoying life). Do you think perhaps we'll all go to hell because my grandfather couldn't keep it in his pants?
vikorr

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2012 04:53 pm
@PUNKEY,
Yeah, I got halfway through it and got the same feeling. By the end of it, it sounded like a corny romance story.
0 Replies

Chaitukpr

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2012 09:58 am
@Pearlylustre,
hi,

Its nice to hear that you're all leading a happy life by gods grace. It depends on the realization of the sin that one has committed and stopped it for altogether. I'm not sure though, but it looks like your grandparents stayed together and your grandfather may have repented for his wrong deed and may have stopped it (I'm not sure though)

Repent is equal to realize your sin and stop it forever. That is when the curse is withdrawn naturally, probably in your grandparents case.

But if one commits sin knowingly, then be ready to face the anger of almighty. Trust me you will.

Many people take this very easy and think this is all **** !! But not until they face the wrath.

Pearlylustre

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2012 01:54 pm
@Chaitukpr,
My grandmother was dying of cancer when my grandfather started the affair. Everyone in their town knew about it so their minister decided to increase the suffering of her final days by telling her about it. My grandfather didn't stop his 'sin' or show any signs of having repented - soon after my grandmother died he married his mistress and they lived a long and seemingly happy life together. He didn't even suffer for his 'sin' let alone his descendants.
You didn't provide any evidence of your claim and I'm curious to know why we should 'trust ' you. For me to trust you in this matter you would have to 1. provide evidence of your god's existence and 2. provide evidence that your view of how s/he runs the universe is correct. I find it hard to imagine that even if yours or anyone else's god existed, in the vastness of this universe they would give a rats about who my grandfather had sex with.
Chaitukpr

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2012 02:31 pm
@Pearlylustre,
Smile Peace be with you. Hard to make you guys understand.

Anyways this is not our thread to discuss but someone else's. I just provided my thoughts to her. Let her think on this and let her decide.

And for you you may want to read Psalms 14:1.

Take Care friend
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2012 02:41 pm
@Cowboy1,
It is evident that this "friend" has absolutely know knowledge what so ever, on what constitues a relationship and how to maintain one. You say, you've been with him through various romances and how he is married, then you state that where could it possibly go,
Quote:
is meant to be or a period of time that we are unhappy in our current relationships...

So, he's always been unhappy in any relationship, you sure picked a winner then didn't you..

Your husband is no fool, he suspects it will happen and he will find out that it is happening... And, then. You will be totally alone with neither.

This is my thoughts. If you are un-happy in a relationship, fix it, work on it, do what it takes or leave.

No man or woman deserves the disrespect of being cheated on. It's one thing for a marriage to break down, another to find out that you were cheated on.. It's the most cowardly thing you could do, because of your own benefits, be it the children, be it money, be it no where to go, be it what people will say, be it you have no job. It's cowardly to simply carry on and not stand tall enough to walk.

0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2012 02:48 pm
@Pearlylustre,
This must have occured 10 fold, I have read your story before Pearlylustre, but not on this Forum, regarding "a" Grandfather who's wife is dying of cancer and that a Minister told her".. The OP who wrote that , was peeved to the hilt, that such a thing would happen, that with her suffering, they added more grief.. I recall feeling the same. A kind of WT?

It would leave a bad taste in my mouth pertaining to "a" God, but remember, Churches are run by men, seems some of those Churches have no real heart, perhaps even are not there for the right reasons or as a cover for their intentions.

Pearlylustre

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2012 03:07 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Found soul I can assure you that this story is true. My mother's not the kind of person who makes up stuff - she doesn't actually say a lot about her childhood. She was 15 at the time and caring for her mother while her father was off doing his thing. The affair may have started before my grandmother was sick - I'm not sure. It didn't affect my view of the church - I was already a confirmed atheist when my mother told me this story. And of course ministers are as fallible as everyone else.

I shouldn't have bothered posting but it really annoys me when people like Chaitukpr post such ludicrous rubbish. Not that I think the OP should be sleeping with her neighbour!
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2012 03:48 pm
@Pearlylustre,
Chaitukpr is selfish. Thinking of herself only..

I so wasn't suggesting that your story wasn't true, rather I have read this exact situation before on another Forum and answered...

It's all good.
Chaitukpr

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2012 11:15 pm
@Pearlylustre,
Every1 does have their own opinion. And you have yours. Now that you're atheist (as you said) your opinion and mine doesnt match at all . So, there is no fight arguing and telling me that I am wrong. I do not judge people nor am I here to do that.

This forum is for Pearlylustre and I gave her my opinion, so did you. Now, what to pick up is her own conscience or rather she may have her own opinion.

I used to be kind of atheist but not anymore. Few things did happen in my life that made me turn to Lord and I am a believer..well tough for you to understand.

Take Care and I wish all the best to Pearlylustre and I sincerely hope she will be on right track soon.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 12:07 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
Chaitukpr is selfish. Thinking of herself only..

That should have read "Cowboy" .

Chaitukpr obviously is deeply religious .. I don't mind religious people as long as they don't Bible bash, or believe the Bible 100% or live 100% by the Church, any God would purely and only want you to believe he exists and to have some respect for other human beings and nature, in my opinion.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 12:08 am
@Chaitukpr,
Quote:
This forum is for Pearlylustre and I gave her my opinion, so did you

Giggles....
Pearlylustre

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 01:16 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Huh?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 02:38 am
@Pearlylustre,
She made the same mistake, I did. She said this "Forum" meaning Thread was for you, instead of Cowboy.......

And, if that is not your question.. I am not atheist. But, I do not like people prancing around using religion as the answer.. It's deeper than that in my opinion.
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 02:33 am
@Pearlylustre,
Quote:
I shouldn't have bothered posting but it really annoys me when people ... post such ludicrous rubbish

i'm nacred, gimme a break, i'm posting the best ludicrous rubbish i can mustre