Relationship Advice

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 07:27 pm
I asked a girl out about a month and a half ago. She was coming out of a long relationship and I had had a crush on her for about 4 years. I asked her out over the phone and she said that she just wasn't in the right place right now in her life, but that she would love to hang out sometime. First of all, what does that mean? Secondly, when I asked her to hang out, I did this twice, she was busy? Is she just not into me? Finally, I'm thinking of asking her to lunch tomorrow, should I do it, and if so, how?

Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 4,308 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 07:36 pm
@okcowboy2016,
I think it means back off. Right after someone has been in a relationship and just breaks up, they need time to heal. Be considerate of that status.

If you have had a crush on her for 4 yrs it might be a poorly kept secret. Unless you can keep it REALLY causal, you might want to let this (and her) settle for a bit. A recent breakup after a long term thing can be like an open-wound for some folks.

Why not ask HER what hanging out means to her? Whether or not she's into you, only she (and you) will be able to determine. If she said no 2x . take some time before you try again., but first clear your head. Then, once you're clear, tell her you have no expectations.

The way I'd interpret to hang out means..to spend relaxing time together as a companion...a friend. Perhaps she'd want to do things like watching TV, perhaps see a movie...a meal, but not in a romantic type of setting or ratcheting up of expectations. Key phrase is NO expectations.

0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2012 05:32 pm
Ask her out for lunch. If she says No, then you have your answer.

When a girl refers to "just hanging out" it means casual and friends ONLY. If she is not even responding to an invitation to hang out, then it means she does not want to spend any alone time with you.

Running into you at a party and talking might be considered, but it sounds like you want more. Whatever you do, don't tell her you have a crush on her. She will avoid you for sure if you do.

0 Replies

harris20

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2012 02:21 am
@okcowboy2016,
I think you have to ask her for lunch. You have to go on and request her to come lunch and spend some time with you.
0 Replies

Jecksoul

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2012 09:07 am
@okcowboy2016,
It's been a month and a half so you can ask her out again.
Girls always say they would love to hang out so don't expect much though.
0 Replies

NicolasRoss

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2012 08:36 pm
@okcowboy2016,
Yes you should try.
But man, it's not normal that you didn't act during 4 years. What did you have to lose? Nothing.
Girls like guys that are not afraid to step up things. This is what you need to show when you will ask her for lunch: you are this guy that has plenty of experience and is not afraid of having lunch with her. This way you will be interesting.
0 Replies