Paul Ryan taking credit for a dirty job that's already done

raprap

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2012 06:30 pm
Paul Ryan Scrubs Already Washed Soup-Kitchen Pots Because That’s How Much He Cares

My maphs go good I got extra numbers lef over sez Eddie"Paul Ryan" Munster.

Rap
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,308 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 04:07 am
@raprap,

paul ryan: cannot be trusted with dirty dishes...
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 08:54 am
Quote:
The head of a northeast Ohio charity says that the Romney campaign last week “ramrodded their way” into the group’s Youngstown soup kitchen so that GOP vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan could get his picture taken washing dishes in the dining hall.

Brian J. Antal, president of the Mahoning County St. Vincent De Paul Society, said that he was not contacted by the Romney campaign ahead of the Saturday morning visit by Ryan, who stopped by the soup kitchen after a town hall at Youngstown State University.

“We’re a faith-based organization; we are apolitical because the majority of our funding is from private donations,” Antal said in a phone interview Monday afternoon. “It’s strictly in our bylaws not to do it. They showed up there, and they did not have permission. They got one of the volunteers to open up the doors.”

He added: “The photo-op they did wasn’t even accurate. He did nothing. He just came in here to get his picture taken at the dining hall.”

Ryan had stopped by the soup kitchen for about 15 minutes on his way to the airport after his Saturday morning town hall in Youngstown. By the time he arrived, the food had already been served, the patrons had left, and the hall had been cleaned.

Upon entering the soup kitchen, Ryan, his wife and three young children greeted and thanked several volunteers, then donned white aprons and offered to clean some dishes. Photographers snapped photos and TV cameras shot footage of Ryan and his family washing pots and pans that did not appear to be dirty.

source
RABEL222

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 01:37 pm
@revelette,
All politicians both Dem and Repub crap on the poor and middle class doing these photo ops. Than they all go back to their rich friends for steak and lobster.
roger

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 02:06 pm
@RABEL222,
Pretty much, yes.

As I think I mentioned elsewhere, nobody really cares if the future vice president has ever washed a plate, or not.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 02:08 pm
@roger,
The freepers are freaking out. Awesome to watch.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 02:09 pm
@roger,
this does kinda reflect on his decision making.

and shows an effort level that is sorta spooky low.

or he's stupid.

I guess we'll see soon enough...
roger

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 02:13 pm
@Rockhead,
At least his photo op didn't involve dodging non existant bullets in Iraq.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 02:14 pm
@roger,
agreed.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 02:14 pm
@roger,
But yeah, wasn't what I would call a good campaign decision.
0 Replies