Which brings us back to the future we choose to construct for ourselves here in this our own region.

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2012 05:44 am
Former Australian PM Keven Rudd once said in his speech:

As I said last month at the Singapore Global Dialogue, the challenge for our region is ultimately one of whether the globalists or the nationalists will prevail.

The political and economic stakes are very high indeed.

Which brings us back to the future we choose to construct for ourselves here in this our own region.

I have never believed there is anything determinist about the inevitability about the drift towards conflict and war – as some sort of later-day fulfilment of Huntington’s “Clash of Civilisations”.

What does the sentence "Which brings us back to the future we choose to construct for ourselves here in this our own region." mean?

Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 919 • Replies: 2
No top replies

contrex

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2012 08:35 am
@PennyChan,
PennyChan wrote:

What does the sentence "Which brings us back to the future we choose to construct for ourselves here in this our own region." mean?

Which returns to the topic of the future we wish to make in this region
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2012 04:34 pm
@PennyChan,

Quote:

Which brings us back to: This returns us to

the future we choose to construct: our choice about what we will do in future

for ourselves: for ourselves

here in this, our own region: here.
0 Replies