Deleted
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,181 • Replies: 18
No top replies

SCoates

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 08:31 pm
I have two answers. Your story reminds me of one of my own. And honestly I was proud when you ignored her at the track... whether or not it was god. So here are my answers. One, it sounds like you need to move on. If it isn't going to work out get out as soon as you can, because for every day you're with her you'll hurt for a month afterwards. My second answer is go for it. In fact, part of my second answer is "ignore my first answer" and just go for it. If it doesn't work out you'll kick yourself either way afterwards, but you'll kick yourself harder if you think you could have changed the outcome. Lastly, if you're involved with someone else, don't cheat on her. If you want to kiss your ex, break up with whoever you're with now. Um, and PS if you follow all of my advice you could ruin you life. Keep in mind I don't know your relationship, and neither does anyone else, so I apologize if my advice is crap to you.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 09:11 pm
SCoates, I think you have given Fred very good advice.

Fred, sometimes women will just walk all over you...I'm sure you are aware of this, as you have ignored her, and are afraid that the same thing will happen all over again. Love is...taking chances. You'll never know the answer, unless you take the chance.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 09:23 pm
1. Fred, what is the legal status of the restraining order?
2. Is your ex mentally stable?
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 09:37 pm
Oh, yeah... it could be bad news to kiss someone with a restraining order without asking first. You better make sure she wants it. I don't want to see you on judge judy.
0 Replies

Fred

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 10:08 pm
DELETED
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 10:11 pm
If she comes near you, it isn't held against you. If she comes near you and you KISS her, it very well could be. I know nothing about law, but there was this one episode of judge judy...
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 06:41 am
Fred--

Your common sense says, "Stay away".

She has a court order saying, "Stay away".

Why do you want a third opinion? Accosting her with kisses is a really stupid idea. It might work in the movies, but do you want to live in a melodrama?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 06:55 am
Fred- Been there, done that!, from a mother's point of view. When my son was in college, he had a similar scenario. He and his girlfriend broke up, after a very intense relationship. Every time that my son started to make a new life for himself, and started to get some distance from her, the girl would be back on his doorstep, and the old feelings would rush back.

Eventually, I had to drive across the country, and pull my son out of school, he was such a wreck.

Fred, for your sanity's sake, when you see her, run the other way. If she confronts you, tell her that you don't want to talk to her. If she has a restraining order against you, and you get close to her, she could turn around and say that you have been harassing her.

Be smart. This girl sounds very unstable and manipulative.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 09:10 am
And what about the hot gal you're busily saving yourself for, for a little over a month?

Really, fred, you've gotta think about your priorities. #1 - Stay outta jail. That should be a no-brainer but apparently it needs to be reinforced. #2 - Be kind to people. That means not just your current flame (e. g. don't cheat on her), but also your ex (don't create a situation wherein she could be hurt).

This ain't the movies. Jail is really jail. It's not a fun place and you don't want a record. Impulsiveness is one thing. Stupidity is something else entirely.

Sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear, but you asked for advice.
0 Replies

Fred

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 09:40 am
DELETED
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 09:57 am
Fred--

You say your ex-girlfriend lied to get her restraining order. Do you think she's been Born Again, washed her mouth out with Clorox, and rendered incapable of even the mildest fib?

You could get in major trouble by trusting a proven liar.

Also, there is the matter of betraying the trust that your current steady is developing in you.

Proverb: A burnt child dreads the fire.

Observation: Fred may be a very slow learner.
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 10:36 am
Fred, you will go to jail for VIOLATING A RESTRAINING ORDER. Because a restraining order has been issued, if you talk to her you are VIOLATING A RESTRAINING ORDER. The court has ruled that it is now illegal for you to go within 50 feet of her.

I really don't see how you can expect not to get sarcastic comments. You continue to pine after a girl who can PUT YOU IN JAIL if you VIOLATE A RESTRAINING ORDER. Not to mention that there are a lot of things that a restraining order does to you once it's issued. For example - you can't ever be a cop, it may cause you to loose jobs if anyone runs your record (possible that your prospective employer will see you as a violent risk).....

Actually, maybe you should violate it. After she decides she doesn't want to see you anymore (for the 100th time) she'll call the cops, you'll go to jail, and maybe then you'll figure it out. If not, then you deserve it and you will then be truly earning every moment of misery that this girl brings your way.

Trust me, the cops aren't going to care when you say "But she called me" or "she came over to talk to me". They lock stupid guys up everyday for the exact same thing and you'll be no exception. If you do not tell her to go away and walk the other way (hopefully in front of witnesses) you are VIOLATING A RESTRAINING ORDER and can GO TO JAIL.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 10:41 am
Fred, although you pointed me out as not giving you a smartass response...you do set yourself up for it. I think you ask questions you know the answers to.

Anyway, your question is "what should I do?"

-You've got a restraining order against you. Next time you see this bitch tell her to take a hike, and if she approaches you again, you'll get a restraining order against her.

-As far as wanting to kiss her...well, you don't want to hear my "smartass" comments. All I can say is, common sense goes a long way, amigo. Stay away.
0 Replies

Fred

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 05:34 pm
deleted
0 Replies

Fred

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 05:35 pm
Ok slappy now you can say all your sarcastic remarks you've been holding back!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 05:48 pm
Congratulations, Fred. You've made a solid beginning.
0 Replies

Fred

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 12:51 am
deleted
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 05:26 am
Sounds like a set-up to me.
0 Replies