Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2012 01:35 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Do you think its ammonia burns by looking at my display picture
jcboy

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2012 10:15 am
@Lolzlil,
Lolzlil wrote:

Do you think its ammonia burns by looking at my display picture

It's kind of hard to tell from the photo. I found some info you might be interested in.

http://www.ask-the-vet.com/fish-diseases-gold-fish-disease.htm

Quote:
As a general rule of thumb, fish diseases are the result of improper husbandry issues eg not cleaning the tank often enough, introducing new fish without quarantine etc. Most fish diseases are better prevented and this can be done by ensuring good husbandry practices and that water quality is in tip top shape. The problem with fish disease is that because it is usually a consequence of poor husbandry, it is not often easy to establish that there is just one type of problem going on eg it's only a fungal infection, or purely a bacterial problem. A lot of the times it's a combination of the lot and one just seems to have affected the fish more than another. Whilst the best treatment for fish disease is to come to a proper diagnosis first BEFORE embarking on treatment, more often than not, the ALL in one type treatment regime to cover your bases is utilized for convenience sake.

The first sign of fish disease is usually lethargy and loss of appetite - your fish may just lie on the bottom of the tank a lot or seem 'sleepy' - further investigation is required to get down to the bottom of what the cause is. Your first action point when you notice these first signs of fish disease is to check your water parameters (water quality).

Lolzlil

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 02:57 pm
@jcboy,
Ok thank you. His/her gill hasnt got any worse so i think im am looking after it correctly i have been doing more frequent water changes and my fish looks healthier because of it. Thank you again.
jcboy

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 03:02 pm
@Lolzlil,
You're welcome, thats good to hear Smile Thanks for coming back and letting us know.
0 Replies