Herpes or Coxsackie?

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2012 11:12 am
Two weekends ago I went to visit my boyfriend. During this visit we engaged in a lot of rough sex which resulted in a minor rip in my perineum. I didn't think much of it until Wednesday when it started to make peeing difficult and painful. On Wednesday I also began to get a mouth ulcer and a sore throat, again, I didn't think much of it. On Friday I started noticing bumps around my anus and by Sunday I had a full on rash around my anus and a mouth full of unbearably painful ulcers. I did my research and began to get worried it was herpes. I called my boyfriend and he was shocked because he had never shown symptoms and was terrified he could be the cause of my outbreak. He went to get tested the next day but since he had no out break or symptoms the dr told him there was nothing they could do. I went to urgent care because I was out of town and he took one look at my mouth and anus and said "genital herpes". I was devastated and shocked that even with being so careful I could have gotten herpes from the only sex partner I've ever had, especially when he had been so sure he was std free. I followed up today (2 days since I went to urgent care) with my primary physician since I'm back at home. To my relief she was skeptical of it being herpes due to my sexual history and the fact that I had both oral and genital outbreaks at the same time, although its possible, she said its pretty rare. When doing the swab test/ looking at the sores she questioned if maybe I had coxsackie virus (hand foot mouth) and a lightbulb in my head went off that two of the kids I babysit for had hand foot mouth just weeks earlier. I know that herpes is still a possibility but I was wondering if anyone else has had symptoms like this for coxsackie? I won't get my results back until after the weekend and am keeping my fingers crossed its not herpes. Any advice, insight, hope that even though I'm in my early 20s I may have hand foot mouth and not an std???

Thanks for any help you can provide!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,820 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Bwana

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2012 06:24 am
@Sara4414,
It is NOT Herpes!

Believe me, it is not. Genital Herpes in not like that. An outbreak of Herpes is nothing more than like having a cold sore on your genitals. It is not the end of the world either. It is just an inconvenience, and you cannot get it from a person that does not have it. It is also not all over, but just in basically one spot. It may consist of a few tiny blisters, but they are in one place and not all over. And, they are never in your mouth and your genitals at the same time.

You got something from the rug-rats, which is far more likely since kids can carry all kinds of crap that they get from their playmates.

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2012 06:29 am
@Bwana,
A simple Google search already proves your uneducated assumptions wrong Bwana:
Quote:

Is a Burning Sensation a Symptom of an STD?
Signs and Symptoms of Trichomoniasis

Chlamydia and Gonorrhea

Oral infections of both chlamydia and gonorrhea can lead to sore throat. However, most oral infections of gonorrhea cause no symptoms, according to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and chlamydia is also often asymptomatic.
Herpes

Both cold sores, caused by herpes simplex virus 1 (HSV-1), and genital herpes, caused by herpes simplex virus 2 (HSV-2), can cause symptoms in the mouth. However, oral involvement of herpes is more commonly caused by HSV-1, and these sores typically appear on the lips or surrounding facial area, not within the mouth itself. When they do occur within the mouth, herpes blisters appear on the gums and on the hard palate, according to the Mayo Clinic. Itching, burning or tingling is felt in the area affected by an outbreak, followed by a red rash and blisters. These blisters contain fluid that forms a crust when the blisters breaks open, all of which occurs between seven and 10 days after the development of symptoms.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5497509_std-symptoms-mouth.html
0 Replies

jamesh cllark

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 06:47 am
I find this post quite informative thanks for sharing it with me
0 Replies