Very Small Life Pleasures

Eva

Sat 13 Oct, 2012 09:44 am
Waking up on a cool Saturday morning at 7:30, then fluffing the covers and going back to sleep.
0 Replies

Eva

Sat 13 Oct, 2012 09:47 am
Waking up at 7:30 on a cool Saturday morning, then fluffing the covers and going back to sleep.

(Yawn) ... Just getting up. I don't get to do this very often.
0 Replies

sozobe

Sat 13 Oct, 2012 09:59 am
@Mame,
I like those, Mame!

Re: the first, it's an embarrassment of riches right now -- already got the Rushdie memoir (very good, I think I'll forgive him for "Fury"), I MUST get the new Junot Diaz, and there are about five more along those lines as well.

My own very small life pleasure -- new, fuzzy socks for cool weather. They're wonderfully warm and fuzzy and pleasant for around the house, and then they make my slip-on Merrells fit so much better when it's time to go out. (Snug, warm, nice.)
0 Replies

Green Witch

Sat 13 Oct, 2012 01:52 pm
@George,
It's wonderfully primitive and empowering at the same time. I'm doing it in a very old fireplace (circa 1800) designed for such things. I also have a clay oven that also does the job nicely if you have a lot of time to get the heat going, but even a campfire is satisfying. If you just want to do the armchair version I suggest this book: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41bX9yFsMGL._SS500_.jpg
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Sat 13 Oct, 2012 01:57 pm
Very small life pleasures -- sleeping til past 7 a.m. this morning, unheard of for me. Waking up, seeing what time it is, and stretching and yawning luxuriously.
0 Replies

Roberta

Sat 13 Oct, 2012 04:58 pm
I had some errands to hobble in my neighborhood. The weather is perfect autumn. Poifect, I tell ya. Cool with a little nip. Clear. Fresh. Can't decide whether this pleasure is very small or maybe past small and on to medium. But a pleasure is a pleasure.
Lustig Andrei

Sat 13 Oct, 2012 05:09 pm
@Roberta,
The one thing I miss about not being on the East Coast any longer -- the glory of September and October, particularly the weather.
jcboy

Sat 13 Oct, 2012 06:30 pm
I tucked Antonio into bed, he’s now sound asleep. A small pleasure is knowing he’s safe tucked away in bed and we are sipping wine, relaxing and watching TV.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sat 13 Oct, 2012 06:32 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
we had one of those crunchy cold October days today. There is an odor of turning leaves and apples in the air. Small puffy clouds scudding along so that the sunlight came in waves . Now its soft warm September in the sun, Suddenly as a cloud masks the warm light, its November.

We went to The "trail" near Mauch Chunk Railroad. Then on the way home we stopped for a meal of meatloaf and apple pie alamode with a dippa ice cream.

These days are rare but they sustain me.

When I lived in STockton Calif I used to tell my MExican neighbors all about the blue- green of our forests and how they change to gold and fiery red as fall came.
0 Replies

George

Sat 13 Oct, 2012 06:32 pm
Warm sun and cool breeze at the Shelburne Farms apple orchard in Stow.
I pulled a Jonagold off a tree, rubbed it up, and took a crisp, juicy bite.
Lovely.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Sat 13 Oct, 2012 06:35 pm
the cooing and clucking of the chickens in the rafters as I change their water and fill the feeders in the fading light.
cicerone imposter

Sat 13 Oct, 2012 07:13 pm
@Rockhead,
I worked on the cracked cement inside the garage, and outside in our front and back yards. Still needs a lot of work, but will wait until I return from my trip.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Thu 18 Oct, 2012 02:57 pm
@George,
your man card is in jeopardy, G...

warm socks fresh from the dryer on a cold morning.
0 Replies

Roberta

Fri 19 Oct, 2012 03:46 am
I made myself laugh today. I was at the computer and needed to get something. Standing is no small feat for me. It's a production for me to stand up. I made it to my feet and I said to myself, "Standing." Then I realized that I wasn't moving, so I said to myself, "Locomote." Not walk, not move. Locomote. I laughed.

A very small life pleasure.
Joe Nation

Fri 19 Oct, 2012 05:35 am
This doesn't always happen, so when it does, it's such pleasure.

There is a moment when I am shaving my face that, just as the razor reaches near the last stroke, a clearness comes over my mind.

It's a mini-Nirvana.

Joe(it just happened so I ran in here to tell you all)Nation
0 Replies

Roberta

Sun 11 Nov, 2012 03:16 am
Mallomars are back. They may have been back for a while, but I didn't see them until today.

Rockhead

Sun 11 Nov, 2012 07:12 am
@Roberta,
a warm welding cap fresh from the dryer.

and no headache on a rigging day...
farmerman

Sun 11 Nov, 2012 11:36 am
@Rockhead,
having a small flock of chickens come up to you, trusting .
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sun 11 Nov, 2012 12:51 pm
Going to an alternate store today, because HEB quit carrying Punky the dog's favorite morning snack. They did a recent shakeup there, in which they did away with some of the most popular low cost items, items which cut deeply into the sales of more profitable ones.
Roberta

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 02:14 pm
@edgarblythe,
To all.

Three pleasures to report:

I had to got to the Diamond District to sell some jewelry. (Not a pleasure at all, although I did get more than I was expecting.)

1. I hadn't been in midtown on a weekday in a long, long time. I didn't realize how much I missed and enjoyed the crowds, the rushing, the traffic noise, the chaos. I love this city.

2. Went up Sixth Avenue and saw all the buildings decked out for Christmas. Love that stuff. I love this city.

3. Rode through Central Park to get uptown. Saw the horses and carriages (lots of tourists in town). Saw joggers. Saw people strolling. Saw nekkid trees. I love this city.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/08/2024 at 12:50:08