Lustig Andrei

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 02:30 pm
@Roberta,
bumpity-bump-bump...BUMP BUMP!
ossobuco

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 02:42 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Getting christmas cards from old pals.
Especially the hand drawn one Neil sends every year - he always uses one of his western native plant drawings from his hikes. This time it's yellow bush snapdragon (Keckiella antirrhinoides), a 2012 drawing. He's the guy who taught me drafting a long time ago now.

I'll get my own notes out by sometime around New Years. Gotta invest in some damned stamps.
edgarblythe

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 03:54 pm
@ossobuco,
Got a Christmas card from a half sister that I have seen just once in twenty years. We have not quarreled. Just went different routes through life. She is one person I have never witnessed to act out of meanness or hatred.
0 Replies

Roberta

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 06:43 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

To all.

Three pleasures to report:

I had to got to the Diamond District to sell some jewelry. (Not a pleasure at all, although I did get more than I was expecting.)

1. I hadn't been in midtown on a weekday in a long, long time. I didn't realize how much I missed and enjoyed the crowds, the rushing, the traffic noise, the chaos. I love this city.

2. Went up Sixth Avenue and saw all the buildings decked out for Christmas. Love that stuff. I love this city.

3. Rode through Central Park to get uptown. Saw the horses and carriages (lots of tourists in town). Saw joggers. Saw people strolling. Saw nekkid trees. I love this city.

I'm adding one.

4. Being in a crowded elevator in total silence. How could I like that? Not so much like as remember and miss.
Lustig Andrei

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 06:51 pm
@Roberta,
Huh? Where do you find a crowded elevator in Manhattan that's in total silence? The ones I'm familiar with mostly have Musak assaulting one's ears, especially this time of year. Jingle Bells indeed!
Roberta

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 11:12 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Andy, Music in an elevator? Where have you been hanging out? Maybe in a department store, but not an office building. At least not one I've been in.
Butrflynet

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 11:22 pm
@Roberta,
The first bite of the first perfectly ripened persimmon of the season... indescribable pleasure from mother nature.
0 Replies

Roberta

Sat 22 Dec, 2012 03:24 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

I'm talking very small. The following list relates to my very small pleasures.

Finding the cool spot on the pillow.

Flipping through channels and finding something good.

Seeing people in my neighborhood walking their dogs. (Love dem dawgs.)

Taking your shoes off.

Getting the temperature of the bath water just right.

Editing a book that doesn't have endnotes.

Having a bird land on my window sill.

So what very small pleasures make life just a bit more pleasant for you?

I'm currently editing a book without endnotes. Is it a pleasure? I'd happily trade the vagueness for endnotes. Wait, maybe I wouldn't.
0 Replies

Roberta

Mon 7 Jan, 2013 07:32 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

I made myself laugh today. I was at the computer and needed to get something. Standing is no small feat for me. It's a production for me to stand up. I made it to my feet and I said to myself, "Standing." Then I realized that I wasn't moving, so I said to myself, "Locomote." Not walk, not move. Locomote. I laughed.

A very small life pleasure.

I made myself laugh again today. Something I wrote on another thread:

I have no idea why my innards are in such a state of rebellion. Shape up you organs. Without me, you're just offal.

I never know when this stuff is gonna come popping out. I think that's the best part. I surprise and amuse myself. A small life pleasure.

margo

Mon 7 Jan, 2013 07:39 pm
@Roberta,
I saw that and laughed greatly, too! Razz
0 Replies

Roberta

Sat 23 Feb, 2013 12:25 am
Two new very small life pleasures. One I mentioned on another thread. Free booties when you're in the hospital.

I sometimes play poker online. No money, just chips. When I go all in and everybody else goes all in and I win and wipe out the table, I laugh and laugh in the privacy of my own home. A small but very satisfying pleasure. Four sixes. Read 'em and weep, you bums. Hah!
0 Replies

gungasnake

Sat 23 Feb, 2013 12:34 am
@Roberta,
Having the neighborhood cat come to visit. Happens if I leave a door open long enough.....
farmerman

Sat 23 Feb, 2013 05:43 am
@gungasnake,
successfully deliver some lambs in a breech position and have them survive. Someone is telling us were lerning
dlowan

Sat 23 Feb, 2013 06:47 am
@farmerman,
Awwwwwww......that's not small!
0 Replies

Roberta

Sun 24 Feb, 2013 03:16 am
Making and drinking the perfect egg cream. Aaaaah.
pohutukawa

Sun 24 Feb, 2013 03:37 am
@Roberta,
turning the duvet over when you're feeling hot at night and enjoy the cool side
Roberta

Tue 26 Feb, 2013 11:12 pm
That first cut into a lemon. The freshness and richness of the smell. I think about a human's first encounter with a lemon. Makes me smile.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 01:00:26