Very Small Life Pleasures

JLNobody

Thu 18 Apr, 2013 10:33 am
@pohutukawa,
Reviewing this thread...seeing how we find joy everywhere...in the small ordinary things...feeling no need for the big extraordinary things.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Thu 18 Apr, 2013 10:44 am
@pohutukawa,
You took my answer! :-)

I put fresh sheets and pillowcases on the bed last night, fluffed up the pillows, got in bed, pulled up the covers and started the movie... (In a Better World)

I suddenly thought~~~Ah, I have to put this experience on the "very small life pleasures" thread~~~and part of my brain replied ~~Okay, but we are NOT getting out of this bed to do that.~~~

Joe(zzzzzzzZZZZZZZzzzz)Nation
tsarstepan

Thu 18 Apr, 2013 10:47 am
@Roberta,
http://i49.tinypic.com/ojh0no.jpg
Chihuaha bump!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Thu 18 Apr, 2013 10:54 am
snifter of Grand Marnier after 10 seconds in the microwave
cat on my lap
band I like releases new work
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Thu 18 Apr, 2013 11:14 pm
a cute woman smiling at me as our paths cross at the supermarket.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 02:30 am
@Roberta,
Seeing my diabetic Husky, one blue, one brown eye, kissing me over and over for no reason, happier and full of life again finally...
dlowan

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 02:56 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Yay!
0 Replies

dlowan

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 02:57 am
@Joe Nation,
Fresh linen...mmmmmmmmmm....did that on Thursday.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 05:25 am
having my pick up in good condition in time to get it inspected
0 Replies

Roberta

Sun 19 May, 2013 11:57 pm
I'm planning a lump day for Monday. Haven't had one in a long time. Makes me smile just to think about it.

I'll resume ooky stuff on Tuesday.
dlowan

Mon 20 May, 2013 12:56 am
@Roberta,
Enjoy!
0 Replies

Roberta

Sat 8 Jun, 2013 11:52 am
A friend who lives in a rural area in upstate NY sent me a surprise. A large feather from a red-tailed hawk. I gasped. I'm thrilled. Wow.
0 Replies

vonny

Sat 8 Jun, 2013 12:30 pm
Finding this thread and reading it from end to end. Great to see what small life pleasures other people enjoy.

For me today, it was wearing a summer dress and sandals - the long cold winter and spring are finally over, and here comes summer!
0 Replies

Rockhead

Sat 8 Jun, 2013 12:34 pm
discovering the first green chutes of a long planted bulb.

calla lily this time...
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Sun 9 Jun, 2013 10:34 am
cold leftover pizza for breakfast.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sun 9 Jun, 2013 12:17 pm
a visit from Magic, the giant black German Shepherd yesterday

I was on the porch reading, heard this massive squeak and then got a big slobbery kiss

went down to the driveway to talk to Magic's human companion while Magic hung out being cool - I brought Bailey out for a visit - Bailey acknowledged them and then went back in

Magic started to whine ... Set appeared

Magic worships Set - he's one of the only humans big enough to give him a big thumping rubdown - Magic whines whenever Set's around ... until his human allows him to go to Set

Magic loves to smooch me, but Set just makes him delirious

makes me happy to see that giant dog happy
0 Replies

vonny

Sun 9 Jun, 2013 01:13 pm
Having friends come to tea today, bringing their two adorable little dogs with them! Lovely to have doggy cuddles and licks in such abundance - a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and a Westie X - so full of enthusiasm that my own Labrador bitch was quite overcome and decided she was a lapdog who needed to sit on my knee! They all decided to pile in, and it finished up with me in a doggy fur huddle - such a wonderful place to be!
ehBeth

Sun 9 Jun, 2013 01:14 pm
@vonny,
oh Vonny that's brilliant!
0 Replies

Rickoshay75

Sun 16 Jun, 2013 01:36 pm
@Roberta,
So what very small pleasures make life just a bit more pleasant for you? >>

The pleasures of an old man -- competitions, winning, sports, TV movies, brain games, a day of no pain, or stress, really nothing that you find pleasure in.
0 Replies

vonny

Sun 16 Jun, 2013 02:04 pm
Just looking at photographs of animals and nature on various sites - a simple pleasure, but oh so fulfilling!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 08:53:25