What's going on here?

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2012 09:56 pm
Three years ago, I met someone thru a bunch of friends in college who wanted to hook us up because they thought we were a great fit. Landon and I didn't hit it off during that time & I actually ended up dating someone else. This past semester, Landon & I had a class toegther and we got close. However, this past summer, he kept the contact very often. We have great chemistry together and all, and I feel like he likes me just because well even a blind person could see it, we're so alike, he always goes out of his way for me etc etc. However, I'm not going to ask myself out, I feel like I've put myself out there enough and it should be him who needs to be a man and ask me out. I read that, "He's just not that into you book"! I took the author's advice of not asking myself out and if a man likes you he will do it. However, now Landon says that he likes this other girl and then also this other girl that he works with. Either he's doing that to make me jealous or he's fickle. It all started because one day I was looking at a guy, and I was looking at what he was wearing but not him! But Landon I guess thought I was checking the guy out, right there and then he started talking about the other girl. And now he asks me what to do and if he should ask her out after just talking to her for twice. What the hell? How did he go from being all over to this? This is why I never fall for anyone.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,113 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Telamon

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 06:13 am
@Chrissy90,
Sounds like a case of 'reversed friend zone', sucks doesn’t it? (sorry my cynical perspective kicking in again)
But seriously… (without knowing obviously either of you) nobody is a mind reader, people often read signals that are not there- or misinterpret them. With that said, the ‘Don’t ask yourself out’ (in my opinion) is a horrible concept. Personally I hate the run-arounds, the hints, the insinuations, the innuendoes, the expected, the ‘social’ norms. If you want something, get it…
Not to say, there isn’t a time/place for the above (or risks without them), but if you want real-time results with predictable outcomes… avoid them.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 12:32 pm
I agree. You are stuck in the "friend" category with him. And now he's asking advice about other women? Yep, that's the signal.

I don't like that advice about not asking someone out. Time is short and you need to act. Make the first move. Either you need to step up and let him know you have a ROMANTIC feeling about him or move on.

Don't be subtle about this with him. Let him know you have feelings and see what he says. Maybe he doesn't even know.

0 Replies