Can you people tell me if this is normal in girls?

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 05:06 am
So before a party started she stared at me, came talk to me when i was alone, was just so nice to me and i caught her starring at me,Smilling. Not to mention when i see her before classes she touches my hair to say hi and all. But when the party starts it's like i don't even exhist?

Whats in her mind? My friend talked to her before the party and she said she thought i was super nice and would hook up with me.

Help? What is she thinking!

It's frustrating
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,012 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 05:35 am
Women are evil, and most of them are bat-**** crazy. She's just trying to drive you mad. Ignore her, and if she speaks to you again, slap her, very hard.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 07:07 am
I read the first post, and was about to reply telling the story of a similar experience I had, and what I thought I later learned from it, but on reflection, I think I'll go with Setanta. He's right. It's normal.

illusiveMan

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 08:37 am
@contrex,
In your case, was she not interested?

But the thing is this girl im talking about right now i had kind of a strange story with her already. Shes ditched her friends to spend the night with me and all, and shes told my friend that she really thought i was really nice and shed hook up with me. Shes not some crazy one that you guys speak of.
Mame

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 08:41 am
@illusiveMan,
Why don't you just ask her? We bat-**** crazy females like to talk so I'm sure she'd tell you.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 08:53 am
@illusiveMan,
illusiveMan wrote:

In your case, was she not interested?

But the thing is this girl im talking about right now i had kind of a strange story with her already. Shes ditched her friends to spend the night with me and all, and shes told my friend that she really thought i was really nice and shed hook up with me. Shes not some crazy one that you guys speak of.

Well, I think what I was saying, but not so well or pithily as Setanta was that all women are different. They do not share characteristics like animals do. There is no one rule that fits all. They are unpredictable because they are individuals. We don't know this girl. You do. You have not said what happened at the party. Did you just wait for her to come and get you? That may have pissed her off. Or she might have changed her mind. Maybe there is stuff you are leaving out.

The story I was going to tell was of a time when I got to know this girl, a fellow student, and we got on really nicely, I strongly felt we would be getting together, so I asked her out. She surprised and upset me by saying "No". I was worried because I felt that my intuition had let me down and I could no longer trust it as I had previously. However I respected her decision, and in any case I only wanted to go out with girls that were keen on the idea of going out with me.

I met her 3 years later and she said to me "I really fancied you 3 years ago when we were students". I said "But I asked you out and you said no". She replied "I just wanted to see how hard you were prepared to try". I got angry and walked off, and decided I had had a lucky escape because I (by then) didn't want to go out with girls who play mind games. I thought, "Suppose she had said yes and we had become an item. Then she'd have been making me jump through more hoops to see how much I was prepared to try to stay with her."
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 09:03 am
Girls are an enigma wrapped inside a riddle and shrouded in mystery.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 09:29 am
Quote:
Girl: You know why the sky is blue?
Boy: Because the reflection from the sunshine causes...
Girl: Wrong! It's to make me happy. I wanted it to be blue, so it's blue. You know why fire is hot? It's all for me. I wanted it to be hot, so it's hot.
--from the Korean movie "My Sassy Girl"
0 Replies

aspvenom

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 10:14 am
That is the cheesiest line I've ever seen.

As to the OP, she's probably playing hard to get, which just means it's an excuse for her wait to see if something better is going to come along, OR it could be a test to find out for sure if the other person is as interested in you as you are in them.

If I were in your position, I'd let her go cautiously, and not think about it too much. I would much prefer an upfront and honest girl.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 11:12 am
So . . what are YOU doing? You want her to act, but what are you doing to make things happen?

Women like men who are somewhat assertive, So make the relationship work, if you want one with her. Stop expecting her to make it happen.
Bwana

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2012 04:11 pm
@illusiveMan,
It's game playing, and it's ridiculous.

If she's interested, wait for her. If not, find someone else.

0 Replies

illusiveMan

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 07:28 pm
@PUNKEY,
First of all thanks to everyone for answering.

A little update: one of her really good friends told me that she was really shy and it was obvious she liked me, so i guess i overthought the whole thing.

I do still think she is playing some game, even if shy.

Women are annoying :/

What im doing is just staying cool and talking to her regularly when i see her, because all i can do is let her know im interested in her right now.
vikorr

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 08:42 pm
@illusiveMan,
You're not expecting her to make the first move, or openly suggest to two of you go out, are you?

You already know she's interested (from multiple sources), right?

Ask her out dumbo.
0 Replies