How do I edit my profile?

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 02:55 pm
I've searched high and low but find no option.

View best answer, chosen by JPLosman0711
Torii

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 02:59 pm
@JPLosman0711,
Did you search low enough? : )
Scroll all the way down on this site and you'll see "My Account" in the middle bottom. You can access your account and profile, etc from there and you may edit to your liking.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 03:03 pm
@JPLosman0711,
As you're most likely logged in, look at bottom of the screen in the middle of the 3 columns (blue area). The second choice should be labeled 'My Account'. Click on 'My Profile'. That should put you in Edit mode. Edit away and then save it by clicking on "Update Profile'.
0 Replies

JPLosman0711

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 03:07 pm
Thanks guys.
0 Replies

Joe Nation
  Selected Answer

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 03:24 pm
Figure it out yourself, you dolt, and stop depending on other people whom you treat like lackeys, you worm.

Oh, wait....I started to channel you.

Joe(so much fun)Nation
chai2

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 04:17 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

Figure it out yourself, you dolt, and stop depending on other people whom you treat like lackeys, you worm.

Oh, wait....I started to channel you.

Joe(so much fun)Nation

Joe, you are just so ******* dumb and full of ****.

chai(still keeping up the conception I have the perfect life)tea
JPLosman0711

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 05:12 pm
@chai2,
The point of my post was that most people only get married because they think they 'have' to due to social conditioning.

Nobody really wants it in other words.
chai2

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 07:04 pm
@JPLosman0711,
JPLosman0711 wrote:

most people only get married because they think they 'have' to due to social conditioning.

Well, I didn't.

Concern yourself your profile, not my marriage.
JPLosman0711

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 08:21 pm
@chai2,
Yes you did. No one just originally, or authentically seeks 'marriage'. You were taught to want that.
Joe Nation

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2012 04:19 am
@JPLosman0711,
Quote:
No one just originally, or authentically seeks 'marriage'. You were taught to want that.

That's interesting.
You should start a thread examining whether or not people believe intimacy is a naturally occurring phenomenon; whether bonding pairs are more/less likely to have affected our evolutionary success as a species; whether any person in this modern age is better off/worse off from the experience of having a life partner.

There is a lot of research available on the subject. I just finished a book on the origins of language which tied "grooming" of pairs both intimate and subordinate/superior to the inception of vocalizations.

I think it's more likely it was group hunting.

Joe(but, what do I know?)Nation
chai2

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2012 05:27 am
@JPLosman0711,
JPLosman0711 wrote:

Yes you did. No one just originally, or authentically seeks 'marriage'. You were taught to want that.

Could you site your data on that, or is that simply your opinion?

You've already turned from saying "most" to "no one", so how is anyone to trust what you say is valid?

chai(blinding others with logic since 1958)tea
JPLosman0711

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2012 07:41 am
@Joe Nation,
Look Joe, just because you can re-search and memorize 'valid' words that pertain to a particular topic doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.

Intimacy has nothing to do with marriage, in fact I suggest that 'marriage' as has been carried out for the last 50 years is anything but intimate. Once again, you don't have to be 'married' to be 'with' someone. Hell, you don't even need the 'with' label. This is the whole point that 'love' has become simply another word for 'controlling someone', which is ironically the exact opposite of what 'love really should be, or rather, what it is.

'Life partner' is a huge commitment that you should never place on someone you supposedly 'love'. I mean who the hell wants that? To be 'locked in for life' with someone that you know you like/love RIGHT NOW but who knows how you'll 'feel' tomorrow?
Joe Nation

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2012 08:30 am
@JPLosman0711,
You're so right, there's no point in reading or researching and memorizing data or information because....well, because people can still accuse you of not knowing what you are talking about even AFTER you'd already said "What do I know?".

Where is that My Life Is Pointless! thread?
Heh.

Did you happen to notice that I didn't use the word marriage in my post?
I didn't.http://able2know.org/topic/197855-1#post-5106495

I must confess that I can't find, in this thread, your original post that Chai is referring to, it must be somewhere else. Please direct me.

~
This is an old debate for some of us; we were the ones who read Jonathan Livingston Seagull on the beaches of Carmel, California. Believe me, it was easier than reading Psycho-Cybernetics and more fun too. I understand your reluctance to make any kind of commitment to another person. We were like that. (I'm not using the 'Royal We', I meant we, as the group of people I was with.) Everybody just wanted to have regular sex. We, all of us, found that not being complete freaks about intimacy (there's that word again) ensured that enough persons of what ever sex appealed to you would actually take their clothes off and jump your bones.
There were a few people who fought off any attempts (of any sex) for closeness. They ended most evenings staring out at the stars above the horizon, until they figured it out.

Some never did.

How's it working out for you?

Joe(you don't have to answer that.)Nation

JPLosman0711

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2012 08:50 am
@Joe Nation,
I was under the impression that our discussion was about 'marriage' because your last reply(about intimacy) was to something I said about 'marriage', but you already knew that didn't you?

So here we go again, I have to stop and point something out that you already knew all because you're such a vagina that you have to go 'acting' differently. Stop trying to be funny, nobody really likes it and you're just a distraction.

You shouldn't speak unless you already know that you know what you're talking about, otherwise you're just wasting your time. Also, the whole 'what do I know?' is just a tactic you use to get people to doubt their own 'hint' that you are clueless. Once again, you already knew that didn't you?

This has nothing to do with pointlessness/meaning or meaninglessness. However, based upon the way you write/speak, your life will be pointless but to you and you only. Also, there is no point in memorizing data, unless you're trying to sound 'educated'. If you want to re-read what I have written you can click my profile and click 'My Posts', simple enough.

I have no reluctance to make a commitment, I have a reluctance to approve of people who want to force 'commitment' upon those whom they claim to love and care about. It's controlling and is the new-found 'sham' of love, portraying itself as a kind of martyr but what's behind is that all-so familiar selfishness. Instead of just being up front about our natural selfishness we hide behind 'commitment', it's nothing new really.

You're talking about sex like it's a bad thing or that it's cheap or 'not worth it'. I assure that in spite of all your(and many other peoples') efforts against 'sex' there will still be plenty of people out there who will seek it, get it, and do it again. Don't you see what a pointless endeavor you've embarked on? The only thing you've accomplished here is you've gained the agreement of the majority of the people on the planet by gathering the general consensus beforehand of the subject matter and then presenting it as 'your' opinion.

Marriage doesn't make sex any less 'dirty' or 'cheap'. It's still the same act between two people. If you really love and care about someone you will let them be free to do as they please. You wouldn't confine them to you and only you out of pure selfishness and hide behind the guise of 'well that's how marriage works'!!!

And that's the name of that tune.
0 Replies

JPLosman0711

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2012 08:58 am
@chai2,
I am going to 'link' you to another post I read by another member on this site. I believe it applies to your response.

http://able2know.org/topic/153738-7#post-4610598

It is regarding 'opinion'.
chai2

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2012 06:54 pm
@JPLosman0711,
JPLosman0711 wrote:

I am going to 'link' you to another post I read by another member on this site. I believe it applies to your response.

http://able2know.org/topic/153738-7#post-4610598

It is regarding 'opinion'.

If you want to believe that of me, fine.

However, when someone whether on the internet, or in real life, throws out that blossomed out of his mind, or was overhead somewhere, and presents it as fact, I'm gonna call them on it.

It's not being superior. Well, not doubting some people do that, but I don't.

Why do I do it?

Because my favorite story of all time is The Emperors New Clothes. When someone comes on using phrases like "most" or "all" or "few" or "never" I'm gonna ask them to back that up.
I'm not going to swallow everything whole, and then move through life spouting these same things to others as fact.

Because someone with a brain will ask me "how do you know that" and I want to be able to show how.

Honestly JPLos, considering until 2 days ago I never heard of you, and I've read maybe 4 posts of yours, why would I just believe with no question something that's just thrown out of the clear blue sky?

You say most this, always that....show where you got that from if you want to be credible.

JPLosman0711

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2012 07:54 pm
@chai2,
You shouldn't take everything as 'whole', however, you SHOULD take the time to think about what was said and come up with an appropriate response. Not just stand there, tap your foot and require 'proof'.

PS - You only want to be able to 'show them how' because you(and 99.9999% of the planet) have always relied on that which is empirically provable and verifiable. It ain't necessarily so.
0 Replies