I am out of shape, need help!

bsnpr24

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 07:36 pm
I gained 35 pounds in 2 years. I am out of shape. What do I need to do to get back into shape again?

I am 5'7 and currently weigh 210 pounds
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,687 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 04:33 am
@bsnpr24,
There are quite a few threads on dieting. Go to search forums and just type in Dieting, you will see many topics with good advice.
0 Replies

inhomecaretx

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 06:18 am
I see what you mean, about the eating part, I also love eating.

Im also lanky as, probably because of years of training my metabolism to allow me to eat crap food by the bucketload.

Or its probably because I go by one simple rule: Energy in = energy out.

Try balancing that a bit, dont eat so much pies/cupcakes/ice cream and eat an apple or banana (they arent that bad), or just drink more water, actually just drink more water anyway.

on the other side, try being more active: take the stairs instead of the elevator, or just take up a sport.

EDIT: Or just make an effort to move around more, If you struggle with stairs and you are barely overweight, then it makes me think that you just arent using your legs enough.

(personally, I hate running so I took up rowing you get to sit down the whole time! then I took kickboxing, you never have to take more than 3 steps!! XD )

Bottom line:
Eat less crap.
Eat more good stuff.
Drink more water.
Finally, move more! Im not kidding. at the very least, promise me you will allocate at least 10 minutes of your day not sitting down (unless it's sit-ups).

sounds easy?
you just have to keep at it until it becomes habit to be healthier, it wont happen overnight, but it will happen eventually only if you are honest with yourself.
Source(s):
I have never read any proper medical/nutritional research. The only source I have is myself because I eat food in bulk, and relatively underweight.
Joe Nation

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 07:55 am
@inhomecaretx,
Good Answer, inhomecaretx

Eat less, exercise more.

That's the title of my big book on diet and exercise.
It's 421 pages and on every page it says:
Eat less, exercise more.

Volume Two is due out this fall.
It's called:
Exercise more, Eat Less.

Joe(I wanted to give people an alternative.)Nation
0 Replies