I dont know what to be

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 11:34 am
I'm in yearr 11 now and now I'm really scare if I didn't pass my exam. I dont really know how college works but I have no idea what I want to do. In school, i've choosen to do IT, art and graphic. I'm interest in designing thing but I'm not really creative. Can someone help what kind of designer/job should I be? I mean what kind of design job do they have?

jespah

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 11:43 am
@shydevil,
The good news about college is that it's four years long (or two, if you go to community). You don't need to decide everything immediately.

As for what to do, do you know about O*Net? http://www.onetonline.org/

It's run by (I believe) the Department of Labor. You can look up all sorts of occupations. Learn what's out there, and how well (salary, # of jobs, etc.) those people are employed.
shydevil

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 11:50 am
@jespah,
How to get in college? I heard that some college might not accept you :/ and I'm not a really smart person anyway :/ I always get grade Ds and Es Sad seem hard for me to get in any college
roger

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 11:56 am
@shydevil,
That makes it really tough. Our state community colleges would be required to accept you, but you would be required to take remedial classes. Possibly, when you get past that you will have more motivation and a better sense of direction.
0 Replies

shydevil

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 12:02 pm
@shydevil,
If I don't pass my GCSE would I be able to get in college?
chai2

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 12:04 pm
@shydevil,
College is not for everyone.

There are plenty of fulfilling careers out there that don't require a degree.

shydevil

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 12:06 pm
@chai2,
But my parent wants me to go college then to uni :/ It better to finish uni so I can get a better job. But its rally hard for me cos I only learn English for like 3 /4 years.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 12:15 pm
@shydevil,
shydevil wrote:

If I don't pass my GCSE would I be able to get in college?

Simple. Start looking into possible nearby Community Colleges and ask them about their GED programs. The admission requirements for community colleges are far less restrictive then regular 4 year colleges.

Many community colleges allow their students go fro GED and start basic college classes at the same time. If you serious about trying and making an effort and working really hard at your college work, taking these two years at community college, you can transfer to a four year college with a solid background of classes and possibly an Associates degree. At that point, for many four year colleges your dreaded high school past will be ignored. In fact making significant improvement at a community college from your high school years will look good on your part when you get to the four year college.
shydevil

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 12:27 pm
@tsarstepan,
:s sorr, don't really know anything about college.... I guess I might have to speak to the tacher about it
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 12:33 pm
@tsarstepan,
The OP is talking about GCSE - that suggests s/he is not in the U.S.

The college to university process is quite different between countries. In Canada, for example, you can not easily move college credits to the university system.

It's probably best for the OP to talk to a counsellor at his/her school and then to discuss the results of that conversation with his/her parents.
ossobuco

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 12:44 pm
@ehBeth,
Yes, I looked it up and GCSE is a public exam given in the United Kingdom.
roger

Sun 9 Sep, 2012 12:45 pm
@ossobuco,
Aha! That renders several answers meaningless.
0 Replies

marvek32

Fri 21 Jun, 2013 09:47 am
@shydevil,
It is good and you don't need to worry about. Just consult with your teacher and tell him your difficulty. He will give you instructions according to your college rules and regulation and tell you complete about courses and syllabus which you have to study. By this, it will help you further to study and able to pass exams.
0 Replies