oneaya

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 10:44 am
Ok. so im 12 years old and i just had my first kiss i was with my cusin and she is 1 year older than me and she did it to but with another guy we almost got caught but the good thing that it was my other cusin that saw us but she said she was going to tell on us but we begged her not to her but i think she forgot about that but im scared to tell my mom cause she might start yelling at me and everything so should i tell her or not?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,962 • Replies: 6
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 10:51 am
@oneaya,
It was just a kiss, right?

I think you're okay to tell.

I'm a little confused as to whether the person you kissed was the same sex as you. Would that complicate things with your mother? I hope not, but recognize that that could be the case.
sozobe

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 10:56 am
@jespah,
I was confused about that too -- on re-reading I think the author (a girl) was with her cousin (also a girl) and the two girls met up with two guys. The girl cousin kissed the guy she was with. The girl author kissed the guy she was with.

oneya, if you think it's likely your mom will find out anyway, definitely better to tell her.

But you probably know best what her reaction would be (better than we would anyway). My own kid is almost 12 and if she told me she kissed a boy I wouldn't be upset -- I might be more upset if I felt the situation she'd gotten herself into in general was unsafe. (If the boys in question were much older, for example.)

But some moms might be upset.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 11:05 am
Note there is an age requirement of 13 years and how would most of you feel about strange adults giving sexual advice to your 12 years old behind your back even concerning a kiss?
ehBeth

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 11:16 am
@BillRM,
Bill, the question is about whether or not to tell a parent about a kiss.

Does speaking with parents have sexual meaning in your world?
BillRM

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 11:28 am
@ehBeth,
Whether a parent would likely agree or not agree with any advice is kind of beside the point just giving any advice of this kind to someone else young child is wrong in my opinion.

In any case once more she should not even be on this system by her own statement concerning her age.
0 Replies

Bwana

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2012 04:43 pm
@oneaya,
Kissing is no sin, and at your age, not something to worry about. If you take it further, then you will have a problem.

Yes, tell your parents.
0 Replies