Eastwood's skit and how it came about

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 05:51 pm
http://www.pineconearchive.com/120907-1.html

Quote:

AFTER A week as topic No. 1 in American politics, former Carmel Mayor Clint Eastwood said the outpouring of criticism from left-wing reporters and liberal politicians after his appearance at the Republican National Convention last Thursday night, followed by an avalanche of support on Twitter and in the blogosphere, is all the proof anybody needs that his 12-minute discourse achieved exactly what he intended it to.....

Longish article. It's only leftists taking a dim view on this one, most people enjoyed it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,097 • Replies: 4
No top replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 06:36 pm
@gungasnake,
Who's complaining? I thought it was subversively hilarious. It worked on so many levels.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 06:40 pm
@gungasnake,
I was a little concerned that he might have actually believed there was a real person sitting on that chair he was talking to! Wink
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 06:45 pm
A better skit would have been for an Iraq war veteran to talk to to an empty chair labeled 'Romney.'

Veterans Today: FACT CHECK: Romney Ignores Other Budget Players

Quote:
WASHINGTON—As he blames the president for the prospect of large cuts in defense spending next year, Republican Mitt Romney is ignoring the role that Congress and members of his own party played in setting up that possibility.

Romney spoke Tuesday to members of the Veterans of Foreign Wars, one day after President Barack Obama addressed the group. In his remarks, Obama painted an encouraging picture of the additional resources his administration has poured into helping veterans get disability benefits and mental health treatment. But he glossed over just how much those problems have grown during his time in office.

I would like you to read the whole article but knowing what you do when you encounter anthing outside your limited range of expectation--well you are GanjaSnaKKKe.

Rap
RABEL222

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 11:51 am
@raprap,
I dont know why the soldiers dont walk in front of live fire in order to save the government money on retirement and body and mind repair.
0 Replies