14
   

Is the RNC disappointed in today's jobs report?

 
 
Finn dAbuzz
 
  -1  
Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 10:31 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:


I doubt anyone cares how you feel about my insults, or anything else.


And yet you responded in great length you silly tool.
RABEL222
 
  4  
Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 11:31 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Dident you read his post? Its not for you, its for the rest of us too remind us what an ass you are.
snood
 
  4  
Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 10:22 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Dident you read his post? Its not for you, its for the rest of us too remind us what an ass you are.


Actually I think it's my turn.

Finn, you're an ass.
0 Replies
 
JPB
 
  1  
Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2012 07:08 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I went to the GOP platform to pull out specific portions but couldn't decide on all the many parts on the plank that I found more offensive and/or controlling. So, here, choose from the Christianist prayer in school and the public arena, to the reproductive rights of women, to DOMA, to a call for allowing state carry/conceal laws to cross state lines (so much for states rights), to....

http://www.gop.com/2012-republican-platform_We/#Item1



Finn dAbuzz
 
  1  
Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 01:23 am
@JPB,
Quite a dodge here, since you won't be specific.

Come on JPB, give me your arguments, not a link and a silly blanket condemnation.

That you may find a plank offensive is certainly no proof that it involves the GOP controlling our daily lives.

Endorsing prayer in school for example.

You may find it offensive that kids pray in school but how does that control our daily lives?

You may find the carrying of concealed guns offensive, but how does that control our daily lives?

What are the "reproductive rights of women?"

Is the GOP platform trying to control their ability to copulate and reproduce?

What you mean is the right to abort a fetus.

Well, I suppose you may be right on this one. The GOP does want to control your ability to abort a fetus.

But, hey it's only a platform. Platforms are boring and no one reads them.

At least that's what we were told ny numerous Democrat Party leaders when it was pointed out to them that their platform had zero mentions of God and no assertion that Jeruselem in the capital of Israel.

Of course that was before the Obama Campaign **** a brick, reversed themselves and insisted that the Party shove changes down the booing throats of at least 50% of the delegates.

JPB
 
  1  
Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 07:30 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

You may find it offensive that kids pray in school but how does that control our daily lives?
I pay LOTS and lots of taxes to educate the children of my community. We send children to church to pray, or encourage them to do so on their own but NOT during the time we're supposedly paying to educate them. Re Christianist documents in the public arena. The GOP wants them to be on public display in courtrooms, schools, etc. Why? So that we can be indoctrinated by christianist propaganda in our daily lives. If it isn't for indoctrination then why? You get all over islamist propaganda but don't seem to be at all offended by christianist propaganda in the public arena. You simply don't see it as the same thing, but I do - especially when I'm expected to support it with tax dollars.


Quote:
You may find the carrying of concealed guns offensive, but how does that control our daily lives?
You're kidding, right? I guess you're used to the idea that every other joe and sally is carrying a weapon and can't understand how the idea of that is controlling to one's sense of peace and well-being

Quote:
What are the "reproductive rights of women?"

Is the GOP platform trying to control their ability to copulate and reproduce?

What you mean is the right to abort a fetus.

Well, I suppose you may be right on this one. The GOP does want to control your ability to abort a fetus.
And who we can marry, and who can make medical decisions for us when incapacitated, and who receives survivor benefits, and who can be in our military...

Quote:
But, hey it's only a platform. Platforms are boring and no one reads them.
Talk about a dodge....

Quote:
At least that's what we were told ny numerous Democrat Party leaders when it was pointed out to them that their platform had zero mentions of God and no assertion that Jeruselem in the capital of Israel.

Of course that was before the Obama Campaign **** a brick, reversed themselves and insisted that the Party shove changes down the booing throats of at least 50% of the delegates.


I would have been with the booing half, but that's ok, I don't much agree with Dems on most issues either. I was fence sitting between Jill Stein and Gary Johnson until JS showed up here yesterday shilling for the Chicago Teachers Union. Pushed me right off the fence into the Johnson camp.
JPB
 
  1  
Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 02:05 pm
See --- the small-government conservatives are now relegated to being a "wing" of the GOP.

Quote:
Santorum also criticized the libertarian wing of the Republican party for not supporting what he sees as the pillars of conservatism: religion and family.
"When it comes to conservatism libertarian types can say, oh, well you know, we don't want to talk about social issues," Santorum said. "Without the church and the family, there is no conservative movement, there is no basic values of America." Source


He also said that "smart" people will never support them.
0 Replies
 
Finn dAbuzz
 
  1  
Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2012 05:33 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

I pay LOTS and lots of taxes to educate the children of my community. We send children to church to pray, or encourage them to do so on their own but NOT during the time we're supposedly paying to educate them. Re Christianist documents in the public arena. The GOP wants them to be on public display in courtrooms, schools, etc. Why? So that we can be indoctrinated by christianist propaganda in our daily lives. If it isn't for indoctrination then why? You get all over islamist propaganda but don't seem to be at all offended by christianist propaganda in the public arena. You simply don't see it as the same thing, but I do - especially when I'm expected to support it with tax dollars.


Quite a rant, but it in no ways explains how being in favor of prayer in school (which even if insitutuionally implemented takes up less than a minute of our kids time) is an attempt at controlling our daily lives.

Quote:
You're kidding, right? I guess you're used to the idea that every other joe and sally is carrying a weapon and can't understand how the idea of that is controlling to one's sense of peace and well-being


No. I'm not kidding. I can't see how being in favor of conceal carry laws is a manifestation of controlling our daily lives, despite your silly argument about sense of peace and well being. The fact is that people in conceal and carry states are not walking around scared **** of gun violence and so their precious sense of peace and well being is not affected. But even if it was, how does this translate to the GOP controlling those individuals lives?

Quote:
What are the "reproductive rights of women?"

Quote:
Is the GOP platform trying to control their ability to copulate and reproduce?

What you mean is the right to abort a fetus.


Quote:
Well, I suppose you may be right on this one.


Thank you, but I suspect you will move on from this thread still contending for anyone who will listen, like Ms Fluke, that the GOP is trying to control our ability to copulate and reproduce. I have so conidence that I have influenced you to abandon such cherished partisan rhetoric, no matter how false it may be.

Quote:
The GOP does want to control your ability to abort a fetus.


Yes it does, and the Democrat Party wants to control your ability to say terrible things about people with whom you disagree. Facists both?

Quote:
But, hey it's only a platform. Platforms are boring and no one reads them.


Quote:
Talk about a dodge....


You obviously can't appeciate sarcasm. My comment was a direct rendition of the Democrat Party's response to their not including God and Jeruselem in their platform. If you agree with me that their response was specious than your agree with me that it was a dodge.

Quote:
I would have been with the booing half, but that's ok, I don't much agree with Dems on most issues either.


Why would you have booed?

You don't think there is any place in a political platform for God? Despite the fact that far more Americans bleive in God than those who do not.

You don't think we should recognize the fact that Jeruselem is the capital of Israel?

In any case you still have failed to demonstrate how the GOP is trying to control our daily lives.
JPB
 
  1  
Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 07:01 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Quite a rant, but it in no ways explains how being in favor of prayer in school (which even if insitutuionally implemented takes up less than a minute of our kids time) is an attempt at controlling our daily lives.

Oh come on, Finn. You'd be apoplectic if there was a party platform that called for implementing facing Mecca and performing daily prayers to Allah. Do you honestly think you wouldn't find that controlling to your daily life if there was a serious chance of that becoming institutionally implemented in your public schools?

Your quotes got mixed up in your response and your started replying to yourself.

Finn wrote:
You don't think there is any place in a political platform for God? Despite the fact that far more Americans bleive in God than those who do not.
No, I don't. I've never been a member of any political party but to be fair I read the platforms of the Dem, Liberterian and Green (I skimmed this one) parties. I didn't see a mention of God in either the Libertarian or Green parties. Of all of them I'm more aligned with the Libertarian platform but none of them speak for me and I wouldn't join any of the parties they reflect.

Quote:
You don't think we should recognize the fact that Jeruselem is the capital of Israel?

Not an undivided Jerusalem, no. I support a two-state solution with pre-1967 borders.
Finn dAbuzz
 
  1  
Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2012 07:35 pm
@JPB,
Prayer in School, as it is currently being argued is non-sectarian.

Those who are in favor of PIS are not demanding that it be led by a Christian Minister and so your Straw Man argument about my reaction to a law that requires student to pray to Mecca is just that... and bullshit besides.

You are obfuscating JBP, and it doesn't speak well of you.

This is painful, but, apparently, necessary.

The current issue in the US concerning prayer in school, no matter how it is decided will not have a measurable effect on the daily lives of Americans.

As for supporting a Two State solution to the Palestinian mess, who doesn't?

If you support a pre-1967 border solution than you support no solution, because that will never happen.

Likewise any position that supports the Palestinian Right of Return is in direct conflict with Israel and can't be considered some sort of reasoned option.

The Left in this country and the rest of the world as well as dilettante anti-Semites rely on the nonsensical notion that the motivation of the Palestinians is pure or (and this is more egregious) that Israel is so reprehensible that reprehensible behavior and aims by the Palestinians is not only acceptable, but righteous.

This is just another iteration of the Radical Chic of the 60's and 70's in which lefties like Leonard Bernstein, gave his egocentric imprimatur to a radical element that would have been happy to cut his throat or bomb his penthouse, if given the opportunity.

Read about the decline of the Roman Empire when cultural elites like Bernstein argued that the Barbarians were morally superior to Romans.

And still, you've not made a credible arugment as to how Republicans seek to control our daily lives.

If there is any party with such an aim, it is clearly the Democrat Party.


0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 12/06/2021 at 07:09:19