Is the RNC disappointed in today's jobs report?

JPB

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2012 01:19 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

How many jobs have been created by waiving welfare work requirements?

You'd have to ask the governors of the states who requested the waivers...

Quote:
"Every single person here who's looked at [Romney's claim that Obama is waiving welfare work requirements] says it's patently false," Obama said a news conference on Monday.
So where did the notion of a major welfare reform overhaul come from?
Where it didn't come from is Washington but rather from Utah, Nevada, California, Connecticut and Minnesota.
These states, some with Republican governors, asked the federal government for more flexibility in how they hand out welfare dollars. Their purpose was to spend less time on federal paperwork and more time experimenting with ways to connect welfare recipients with jobs.
The Obama administration cooperated, granting waivers to some states from some of the existing rules.
The waivers gave "those states some flexibility in how they manage their welfare rolls as long as it produced 20% increases in the number of people getting work."
In some small way, the waivers might change precisely how work is calculated but the essential goal of pushing welfare recipients to work -- something both Democrats and Republicans agreed to in the 1990s -- remains the same.
Source
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2012 01:25 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz" wrote:
I continue to contend that there are far more such Democrat idiots than Republican. Conservatives don't view Government as the answer to any but a few problems and are not inclined to believe a political party seeking to run the government can be our saviors.

We'll have to agree to disagree to which side the scale of idiocy tips. And I think your assessment of the intention of the Republican party comes from a day gone by. Today's Republcan party is as much about controlling daily life practices and mores as it is about defense and supporting free markets. Neither party really wants any less of my wallet; they just differ on how they want to spend what they take. Given the choice between having government in my wallet and my bedroom or simply in my wallet, I'll choose the wallet only option. Woulda thunk that the dems would ever be perceived as the civil liberties party?
JPB

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2012 01:40 pm
@hawkeye10,
As does the amount of work/time expected by employers from each of their employees. There's a lot of work that can be shared among multiple workers resulting in a thriving middle class. Does anyone remember when full time meant a 40 hour week?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2012 01:42 pm
@hawkeye10,
You live in a state that's heavily weighted to Obama, right? Why not evaluate a third party alternative for your protest vote? Jill Stein and Gary Johnson both offer alternative options and are different enough from each other that one or the other would probably have some appeal for you.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2012 01:49 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
government can be our saviors.

you do have a marvellously religious take on things.
RABEL222

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2012 01:52 pm
@hawkeye10,
Does this mean you wont vote for your incumbent rep or senator?
JPB

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2012 02:00 pm
@RABEL222,
I'm not voting for my incumbent rep even though he ran as a pro-choice moderate republican and was elected by a largely pro-choice moderate demographic. He's voted along party lines too many times which means pure obstructionism these days. He's yet to explain his affirmative vote on Todd Akin's HR3 even when asked.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2012 03:06 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Does this mean you wont vote for your incumbent rep or senator?

Never again till the washington class gets the message that they work for us and that I demand that they work together.
RABEL222

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2012 11:57 pm
@hawkeye10,
You do know that you are in the minority. The majority of voters think that your rep stinks while theirs is gods gift to the people. Like C.I.says
"theres no curing stup......".
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 12:09 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

You do know that you are in the minority. The majority of voters think that your rep stinks while theirs is gods gift to the people. Like C.I.says
"theres no curing stup......".

you know that i routinely berate the american people for being stupid, as well as irresponsible....

CI is an old coot, but he is right on a lot of the stuff that is important.

yes, i know that I am in the minority....that is partially why I self identify as a former radical. I would still be a radical except that I no longer expect solutions to come from politics, i now know that spiritual regeneration must come first.
roger

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 01:18 am
@hawkeye10,
Being in the minority doesn't mean you are wrong. It also doesn't mean you are right. It does mean you don't follow the crowd.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 01:25 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

Being in the minority doesn't mean you are wrong. It also doesn't mean you are right. It does mean you don't follow the crowd.

that is right....i use my noggin to evaluate the evidence and then i reach my opinion. that is to say that by way of modern standards i am a nut job.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 01:54 am
@hawkeye10,
what i am supposed to do is hold the opinions which are dictated to me.

I am an epic fail at life. * sarcasm*
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 12:29 pm
@hawkeye10,
I hope you arnt saying that we should let the religions take over. Read the of history of countries that did that paying particular attention to Spain, Italy, and England. I would include Islamic countries but think you were thinking christanity.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 04:02 pm
@revelette,
BS - pure and simple
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 04:03 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Right, on one hand, economists say it would help tremendously; on the other, an ignorant asshole online says it's BS.

Who to believe?

Cycloptichorn
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 04:06 pm
@JPB,
What "daily life practices" do you contend the GOP wants to control?

Please be specific.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 04:09 pm
@ehBeth,
Actually, what is marvelous is the Liberal's religious fervor for government.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 04:14 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Oh, I'm virtually reeling from Cyclo's virtual insults!

But you must be right because there actually are technocrats who can tell us what would have happened if something that didn't happen actually happened.

Who knew you were a mystic?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 04:17 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Oh, I'm virtually reeling from Cyclo's virtual insults!

I doubt anyone cares how you feel about my insults, or anything else. I certainly don't say them in order to provoke a reaction from you, but rather, to remind the readers of various threads that you don't know what you are talking about, and mostly make things up as you go along.

Quote:
But you must be right because there actually are technocrats who can tell us what would have happened if something that didn't happen actually happened.

Economists and analysts at least try to make predictions, based on factors under discussion and widely-accepted effects they produce. You, on the other hand, base your predictions on the view you get from inside your own ass, where your head resides.

Quote:
Who knew you were a mystic?

Well, I did. I guess you didn't, but now you do.

Cycloptichorn