8
   

200 reasons to reelect Obama

 
 
Rickoshay75
 
  1  
Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 12:46 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Rickoshay75 wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Rickoshay75 wrote:
BTW, the list doesn't include his foreign accomplishments - killing Ben Laden, ending the Iraq war, keeping us out of a war with Iran and S Korea, keeping us out of the Syria mess, getting rid of Kadafi -- to name a few


The Iraq war ended because Bush won it.

War with Iran is going to be necessary, and Obama will not avoid it.

I assume you meant North Korea. War with them will likely not be necessary. But if it becomes necessary, Obama will go to war just as fast as any Republican.

As for Syria, we really should do more to supply the people with the arms they need to defend themselves from their government. And we should be pushing hard to bring the entire matter before the ICC.

I wonder if France and Italy would agree that Obama was the one who got rid of Kadaffy.


Keep dreaming impossible dreams


Most of those are facts. I suppose the notion of bringing Syria before the ICC is a dream. But why is it impossible?


Common sense. No matter how hard we try, no matter how much money we give them, they won't change what thousands of years has made them. They pretend to conform because we pay them to do it, and when we stop paying them they will hate us for it.

oralloy
 
  0  
Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 01:28 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Rickoshay75 wrote:
oralloy wrote:
I suppose the notion of bringing Syria before the ICC is a dream. But why is it impossible?


Common sense. No matter how hard we try, no matter how much money we give them, they won't change what thousands of years has made them. They pretend to conform because we pay them to do it, and when we stop paying them they will hate us for it.


Bringing them before the ICC isn't about paying them or making them like us. It is about putting war criminals in prison for the atrocities they commit.
0 Replies
 
parados
 
  1  
Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 02:03 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
In addition to that, there is the fact that if Iran is allowed to develop nukes and get away with it, it will mean the end to the nuclear non-proliferation treaty.

Really? I wonder why it didn't end when N Korea developed nukes. Or was that because Bush was President when they conducted their test in 2006?
ehBeth
 
  1  
Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 02:07 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

RABEL222 wrote:
I only need one reason to vote for Obama. Its called the tea party.
Thanx for reminding me. I shud contact them n see what help I can give them.


uh David - you do know that you represent everything they hate about the Republican Party and Barry Goldwater
0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  0  
Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 02:38 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
oralloy wrote:
In addition to that, there is the fact that if Iran is allowed to develop nukes and get away with it, it will mean the end to the nuclear non-proliferation treaty.


Really? I wonder why it didn't end when N Korea developed nukes.


It didn't end then because North Korea did not get away with it. The world cracked down on North Korea with harsh sanctions that will not be lifted until they give up their nukes.

The same could in theory be done with Iran. But the attitude of Russia and China leads me to believe that they will not allow such sanctions to be placed on Iran.



parados wrote:
Or was that because Bush was President when they conducted their test in 2006?


If that signifies some sort of belief in Obama being a pacifist, note that Obama has stated that he will bomb Iran if that is the only way left to derail their nuclear weapons program.

And Obama will be right to do so. Iran is bad news.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2018 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/17/2018 at 12:09:11