200 reasons to reelect Obama

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2012 03:49 pm
Compare Obama's 200 accomplishments with all other presidents in history -- most with no congress help, all documented.

http://pleasecutthecrap.typepad.com/main/what-has-obama-done-since-january-20-2009.html#tp

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is WHAT WE DO.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 8 • Views: 3,299 • Replies: 24
No top replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2012 04:03 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Quote:

1. 4 more years of what he gave us for the last 4.
mysteryman

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2012 04:18 pm
Assuming this list is 100% accurate, which we all know it isn't, how could he have done any of this?
The left keeps saying that the repubs have blocked everything Obama has attempted, that's why he hasn't accomplished anything.
Rickoshay75

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2012 04:22 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Quote:

1. 4 more years of what he gave us for the last 4.

Of course, but this time with a 25 percent capital gains tax -- 10 percent more than the top one percent are paying now -- and, hopefully a congress majority

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is WHAT WE DO.
0 Replies

Rickoshay75

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2012 04:42 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Assuming this list is 100% accurate, which we all know it isn't, how could he have done any of this?

You won't know until you read it -- check the documents.

BTW, the list doesn't include his foreign accomplishments - killing Ben Laden, ending the Iraq war, keeping us out of a war with Iran and S Korea, keeping us out of the Syria mess, getting rid of Kadafi -- to name a few

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Krumple

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2012 04:46 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Rickoshay75 wrote:

BTW, the list doesn't include his foreign accomplishments - killing Ben Laden, ending the Iraq war, keeping us out of a war with Iran and S Korea, keeping us out of the Syria mess, getting rid of Kadafi -- to name a few

Why not keep going. Why no mention of winning a nobel peace prize and starting a new war? **** if that isn't an accomplishment. Peace prize and starting a new war at the same time.
Krumple

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2012 04:51 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Rickoshay75 wrote:
killing Ben Laden

Here is the thing. I don't give him any credit for this. No body, no crdit. I don't care if they claim they dumped the body into the sea. They just lost every bit of credible evidence. So in my book he doesn't get credit for this. For all we know bin laden could have been killed years ago. No body, no credit.
Rickoshay75

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2012 06:10 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:

Rickoshay75 wrote:
killing Ben Laden

Here is the thing. I don't give him any credit for this. No body, no crdit. I don't care if they claim they dumped the body into the sea. They just lost every bit of credible evidence. So in my book he doesn't get credit for this. For all we know bin laden could have been killed years ago. No body, no credit.

All right, you made your position clear, no harm, no foul, let's let it go at that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2012 06:31 pm
@Rickoshay75,
He didn't end the war in Iraq, it ended under a timeline agreed to by president Bush in 2008, so Obama doesn't get credit for that.
Since South Korea is one of our biggest allies, how can you give him credit for not going to war with them?
And war with Iran is not being considered, so how can you give him credit for not doing something that wasn't planned in the first place?
He didn't get rid of Kadaffi, the people of Libya did. As for keeping us out of the mess in Syria, that's still ongoing so don't give him credit yet.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2012 06:41 pm
@Krumple,

Rickoshay75 wrote:

Krumple wrote:

Why not keep going. Why no mention of winning a nobel peace prize and starting a new war? **** if that isn't an accomplishment.

Peace prize and starting a new war at the same time.
Is there a Nobel War Prize ?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2012 06:45 pm
@Rickoshay75,
There's only one motive for anybody to want to vote for Bork Obunga:

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/masochism

The real version of what Bork Obunga is about:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/08/17/2016-obamas-america-movie-is-disturbingly-necessary/

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2012 08:45 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Rickoshay75 wrote:

The Iraq war ended because Bush won it.

War with Iran is going to be necessary, and Obama will not avoid it.

I assume you meant North Korea. War with them will likely not be necessary. But if it becomes necessary, Obama will go to war just as fast as any Republican.

As for Syria, we really should do more to supply the people with the arms they need to defend themselves from their government. And we should be pushing hard to bring the entire matter before the ICC.

I wonder if France and Italy would agree that Obama was the one who got rid of Kadaffy.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 08:20 am
@oralloy,
Rickoshay75 wrote:
BTW, the list doesn't include his foreign accomplishments - killing Ben Laden, ending the Iraq war,
keeping us out of a war with Iran and S Korea, keeping us out of the Syria mess, getting rid of Kadafi -- to name a few
oralloy wrote:

oralloy wrote:
War with Iran is going to be necessary,
because it is preparing to nuke us,
for the same reasons as 9/11/1

oralloy wrote:
and Obama will not avoid it.
That is anyone 's guess.
U trust him more than I do.

oralloy wrote:
I assume you meant North Korea.
War with them will likely not be necessary.
The Korean War is not over. The commies r acutely aware that it is not over.
Will our enemy to the North go NUCLEAR??

( Note the irony: born in rebellion against the Czar of all the Russias,
North Korean communism now perpetrates & perpetuates a hereditary monarchy,
more absolute than Czarist Russia or Capetian France. )

oralloy wrote:
But if it becomes necessary,
Obama will go to war just as fast as any Republican.
I don 't trust him as well as u do.

oralloy wrote:
As for Syria, we really should do more to supply the people with the arms they need
to defend themselves from their government.
Will we see them turn the weapons that we give them in a spirit of liberty,
against us, because we r infidels???

I 'm concerned that America might become faced with large,
huge groups of Moslems of the like of the 9/11/1 killers.
How many countries have thay taken over so far?
I dunno if we r seeing the beginnings of a problem, here.
I hope that we r not seeing the beginnings of the 4th World War.

David
RABEL222

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 10:16 am
I only need one reason to vote for Obama. Its called the tea party.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 01:36 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
Thanx for reminding me. I shud contact them n see what help I can give them.

David
Rickoshay75

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 02:36 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

You mean the ones who vow now new taxes, if so, Where is Romney going to get the money to deliver the 12 million jobs he promised. money trees?
spendius

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 02:39 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Nah!! The Post Modern Greenback.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 10:47 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
oralloy wrote:
War with Iran is going to be necessary,
because it is preparing to nuke us,
for the same reasons as 9/11/1

More likely, once Iran gets nukes they will cause a lot of trouble in the region, maybe invading our allies, maybe blocking oil shipments, maybe even attacking our warships. And they will then use their nuclear weapons as a deterrent to prevent us from going to war with them.

In addition to that, there is the fact that if Iran is allowed to develop nukes and get away with it, it will mean the end to the nuclear non-proliferation treaty.

Of course, the end to the NPT has some upsides as well, in that the US will be able to resume nuclear testing, develop new nuclear warheads, dramatically increase the size of our arsenal back to Cold War levels, and even share our advanced warhead designs with Israel.

But on the whole, simply bombing Iran into a wasteland before they develop nuclear weapons is the better option.

It'll be a bad time to be in Iran though. If Obama waits until their reactors start operating before bombing them, the meltdowns will be worse than Chernobyl.

During the Chernobyl disaster, there were still operating safety systems, and engineers on site to operate them. But if our bombs have killed all the engineers, and have blasted all the safety systems to shrapnel, there will be nothing to even try to mitigate the meltdowns.

And even if Obama bombs Iran before their reactors begin operating, he'll still have to hit the Uranium Conversion Facility at Isfahan. That'll release many tons of hydrofluoric acid vapor into the atmosphere.

Hydrofluoric acid is much more than just an extremely potent acid (although it is that as well). It is also a deadly poison that is absorbed directly through the skin.

OmSigDAVID wrote:
oralloy wrote:
and Obama will not avoid it.
That is anyone 's guess.
U trust him more than I do.

Barack Obama has a good record of using military force.

Note all the drone airstrikes.

Note the killing of Osama bin Laden.

Note also that the supposed pullout from Afghanistan is only pulling out the regular forces. Obama is sending in 20,000 Special Forces to replace them.

OmSigDAVID wrote:
oralloy wrote:
As for Syria, we really should do more to supply the people with the arms they need
to defend themselves from their government.
Will we see them turn the weapons that we give them in a spirit of liberty,
against us, because we r infidels???

It might be good to avoid supplying them with Stinger Missiles (although those are more useful against propeller-driven aircraft than they are against jet-powered planes).

Machineguns and bazookas should not be much deadlier than what a normal terrorist could already buy on the black market.
Rickoshay75

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 01:13 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Rickoshay75 wrote:

I assume you meant North Korea. War with them will likely not be necessary. But if it becomes necessary, Obama will go to war just as fast as any Republican.

As for Syria, we really should do more to supply the people with the arms they need to defend themselves from their government. And we should be pushing hard to bring the entire matter before the ICC.

I wonder if France and Italy would agree that Obama was the one who got rid of Kadaffy.

Keep dreaming impossible dreams
oralloy

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 02:04 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Rickoshay75 wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Rickoshay75 wrote:

Keep dreaming impossible dreams

Most of those are facts. I suppose the notion of bringing Syria before the ICC is a dream. But why is it impossible?