daughter looking for biological father

kmorris

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 06:55 pm
I was born in the bronx and I know my father's name which is John Peter Lopez, I have a sister her name is Desiree and my name is Kimaly. My mother left him because of physical, mental, abuse. I was 5 yrs old. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it. I have done all those search websites and no luck unless you pay. I can hire a private detective, but im trying to do it myself right now.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 5,211 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2012 07:34 pm
@kmorris,
You can probably find him through the DMV if he has a driver's license. There are also free search sites like Zabasearch (Google it). However, why would you want to find someone who abused your mother? Maybe she left him to protect you and herself and it is better if he does not come back into your life. Abusers tend to remain abusers for life.
kmorris

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2012 11:15 am
@Green Witch,
I didn't think of it that way, people can change, he was young then, Men take time to mature. I have other siblings I would like to know. I didnt Know you can look for someone using DMV? Good advice. I will think about it some more, you might be right about abusers.
Ceili

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2012 11:30 am
@kmorris,
Hi, I don't know how old you are, but if you're old enough to go looking for your dad, you're old enough to ask your mom some questions, don't leave your mother out of the equation.
Your mother probably has a pretty good idea of how to get a hold of him. She'd know the family and so on. If you're trying to do this secretly though... things could get ugly, especially if your dad hasn't 'grown up'.
I understand the desire to meet and know your family, however, this could cause a world of hurt and your mom could feel betrayed. If you insist on doing this behind her back, be prepared for the consequences.
BillRM

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2012 04:21 pm
@Ceili,
Quote:
I understand the desire to meet and know your family, however, this could cause a world of hurt and your mom could feel betrayed. If you insist on doing this behind her back, be prepared for the consequences.

Not only does she have a father she does not know but a set of grandparents, perhaps half brothers and sisters, uncles and so on.

Her mother decision had cut her off from half of her blood family and I to do not know how old she is or is not now but sooner or later she is going to reach the point where she can exercise her right to get to know the other half of her family no matter how her mother might feel about the matter.

Yes she should be open about wishing to know about her father and her father side of the family but that information should never had been a secret from her in the first place at least in my opinion.
kmorris

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2012 06:06 pm
@Ceili,
Well now I understand why I shouldn't have done this. Okay Ceili, First im not a child. My mother & I don't speak because were a dysfuncial family, My mother has showed me through the years that she embellish's her stories and lies. My family will not know anything about my "father" because we don't speak. as far as age Im old enough to be doing this, & know what im doing! Thank-you for your advice.
kmorris

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2012 06:08 pm
@BillRM,
Thank you, finally a person who understands and you explained it better than I did, on how important this is for me.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2012 08:26 pm
@kmorris,
kmorris wrote:

Thank you, finally a person who understands and you explained it better than I did, on how important this is for me.

there are more than a few people here who are not big believers in liberty....they think you should be free to have what you want only so long as you want what they want you to want.

dont hold your breath while waiting for help here.
kmorris

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 10:57 pm
@hawkeye10,
wasn't, just hoping for some good information, I see i picked a wrong website, very bad energy. sorry i even did this.
BillRM

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 11:33 pm
@kmorris,
I suggest you used google to find and joined online groups set up to search for birth parents of adopted children.

You seems to be in a similar situation as far as you father is concern and the search methods should also be similar.

Good luck.
kmorris

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2012 06:35 pm
@BillRM,
Thank you I will try that. Just didnt expect people to be negative & judgemental. Take care
0 Replies

kmorris

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2012 06:39 pm
@hawkeye10,
In response to your post, I didn't go on this website holding my breath Im searching for information, thats all.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2012 07:53 pm
@kmorris,
I wasn't being judgmental, I was trying to help. Won't do that again either. Seems like the apple didn't fall far from the tree...
0 Replies

Megski84

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2015 07:03 pm
@kmorris,
You're lucky to know his name. That's a bit of information most adopted New Yorkers, like myself, really want to get their hands on. Now, ask yourself why you want to find him. He abused your mom and he will always be an abuser. Is it to find siblings? Don't get these ideas he's going to be nice to you, because he's not. If you want to find siblings ok. Try putting in his name "John Peter Lopez" into google, facebook, classmates.com. If he served in the military ask them. Look up John Lopez people in the phonebook. I would stay clear away from him. He's bad news. If you want to find Desiree is she under the name Lopez? Then look for Desiree Lopez. Just email every Desiree Lopez on facebook for starters.
0 Replies