I post the schedule for the week on Monday or Tuesday. Predictions for the Thursday night game are due before kickoff and I encourage players to choose the remaining games at the same time. If they do that, I allow them to change picks prior to the start of the 1st game on Sunday.
Why do you suppose I do that? Because some people work and/or travel and may not get home until Friday or Saturday. Or there may be a hurricane or snowstorm. And I would have to track them down and nag them on Saturday night or Sunday morning. I am good at nagging but I hate resorting to that.
Are you with me on the logic so far?
I really hope people recognize the following -
(1) RJB isn't getting paid for this mishigas and there is no $$ on the table
(2) RJB has a life outside of this and doesn't need to be spending time tracking people down or changing picks ad infinitum
. He reminds people once as a courtesy because he's a nice guy.
(3) this is a (mainly) pleasant topic as it is a respite from real-life crap. Come here and don't think about the huge tree that Hurricane Sandy deposited in your front yard, or the mortgage being due, or the election or whatever.
(4) this is not life and death and people are (mostly) pleasant. Getting all hepped up about this crap is ludicrous when there are plenty of other things to get worked up about. Want to have a fight? There are lots of places to do it, and lots of subjects for it. But the pick-'em game? Are ya shittin' me? Sheesh. A little ribbing is one thing, but the online equivalent of yelling and screaming and kicking and throwing stuff is, well, kinda misplaced, and makes one wonder about anger issues otherwise.
(5) This game is fun. If it gets to be too much of a burden for RJB, it'll stop at some point. Making this a difficult and unpleasant experience only makes that day come faster.
And, as always,
there is no #6.