The A2k NFL "Pick-Um" Game Is Back!

spendius

Fri 26 Oct, 2012 09:21 am
@George,
Quote:
One thing about last night, if you love the ground game it was a blast.

Such considerations George are the domain of the afficionados of delicate sensibilty. As you can see from Tico's last post, and him being a left-side defensive brick wall it is what one might expect, the score-line is the primary and possibly the only matter worth discussing.

The appreciation of the finer points of the game is only useful to the extent it can be turned to account in beating the bookies. The artistic validity is unworthy of even half-baked materialists who, of course, as a result of holdovers from medieval times, make up much the largest proportion of the category loosely referred to as "materialist" in everyday conversation and even in some fairly advanced publications in the general field of human behaviour.
Ticomaya

Fri 26 Oct, 2012 10:32 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
As you can see from Tico's last post, and him being a left-side defensive brick wall ...

Again, I'm a sweeper or stopper ... a central back ... always been a central back ... haven't played on the side since I was 14 years old, and that was on the right.

Still a brick wall, though. Wink
spendius

Fri 26 Oct, 2012 11:09 am
@Ticomaya,
I'm sorry Tico. I ought to have remembered because reading your post reminded me that you have told me before. A sort of Martin Keown.

My confusion is probably as a result of my playing days when all the defenders looked the same just as gateposts do. Nutmegging was most fun outside of actually sticking it into the back of the net.

Have you checked how many places in the spread table you bounded?
Ticomaya

Fri 26 Oct, 2012 12:05 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
Nutmegging was most fun outside of actually sticking it into the back of the net.

Nutmegging me is not much fun, because it normally means I will be putting you on your arse, rather than let you get that ball back.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Fri 26 Oct, 2012 01:50 pm
The BBC has an occasional News Quiz. I play. One question today involved unusual insurance claims. The correct answer was........(drumroll) .............
a farmer who lost his cellphone...after he inserted it into the rear end of a cow.
Apparently he was using it as a torch (which translates as a flashlight in American english).
Which is a segue to the Cowdocs successfully getting their selections in.
We wait on Ehbeth and her choices in the Miami @ NYJets and NYGiants @ Dallas games.
spendius

Fri 26 Oct, 2012 05:00 pm
@realjohnboy,
Quote:
The BBC has an occasional News Quiz.

I didn't know that John. The BBC is so corrupt that nobody dare say so. To do so would be like admitting that Auntie Madge had had Lexington Steele over for the weekend to show her how to play cornhole on the lawn.

Cornhole, also known as bean bag toss, corn toss, baggo or bags, is a lawn game in which players take turns throwing corn hole bags at a raised platform with a hole in the far end. A corn bag in the hole scores 3 points, while one on the platform scores 1 point. Play continues until a team or player reaches the score of 21.
spendius

Fri 26 Oct, 2012 05:09 pm
@spendius,
A coming of age joke.
realjohnboy

Fri 26 Oct, 2012 05:27 pm
@spendius,
(I enjoy listening to the BBC because they have some incredible foreign correspondents. And they offer a perspective that the American media misses.
But there is something rotten at the core, as evidenced by the Jimmy Savile thing.)
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Sat 27 Oct, 2012 04:30 pm
Good evening.

MEA CULPA
I got my ears pinned back for suggesting that many players here are either not all that interested in or knowledgeable about the NFL. That might account for our less then stellar performance, I concluded.
Osso's response was many of her picks were simply "wishful thinking." George echoed that but at greater length.
I report the standings every week as if they matter but they really don't.
spendius

Sat 27 Oct, 2012 04:53 pm
@realjohnboy,
They damn well do.

When I said that a psychiatrist is required to unravel our motives if the standings don't matter, "really" being useless padding in order to render a post a bit longer than it would be otherwise, I was being polite.
Rockhead

Sat 27 Oct, 2012 04:54 pm
@spendius,
I thought you said pudding.

and then I was hungry...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sat 27 Oct, 2012 04:55 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

We wait on Ehbeth and her choices in the Miami @ NYJets and NYGiants @ Dallas games.

ny and ny it is

i think that may be a voodoo curse on nyc
0 Replies

spendius

Sat 27 Oct, 2012 05:03 pm
@spendius,
You can tell how much the standings matter from ehBeth's equivocations and tremulous indecisions concerning some of the less predictable games.

She must be in a right muck sweat by the time she submits her final choice. If not her only motive must be to annoy us and have us trembling on the edge of our seats awaiting her vacillating whims.
spendius

Sat 27 Oct, 2012 05:05 pm
@spendius,
Not that I mind. Women have conditioned me to expect that sort of thing as a matter of course.
Rockhead

Sat 27 Oct, 2012 05:07 pm
@spendius,
you're not gonna turn into whack-off on us are you?
spendius

Sat 27 Oct, 2012 05:09 pm
@spendius,
That's why I make due allowance for Setanta's temper tantrums regarding the Pope.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Sat 27 Oct, 2012 05:16 pm
Ehbeth in "a right muck sweat" is awesome.
Be still, my heart.
0 Replies

JPLosman0711

Sat 27 Oct, 2012 05:56 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Not that I mind. Women have conditioned me to expect that sort of thing as a matter of course.

^
0 Replies

JPLosman0711

Sat 27 Oct, 2012 05:57 pm
Why does it not surprise me the the most truthful person here is the one who gets hated on the most? Will humanity ever tranquilize this trend?

Keep goin' strong spendius.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sat 27 Oct, 2012 09:35 pm
@realjohnboy,
Well, some of my moves are wishful. Why would I play to be a robot to precision estimations? It's a game with football players.
0 Replies