Just when I thought it couldn't get any more ridiculous

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 08:55 pm
Just when I thought the worst was over, I found this article...

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2012/08/24/rnc-official-says-nm-governor-disrespected-custer-by-meeting-american-indians-130958

This idiot really thinks that the governor "disrespected" the memory of Custer?
To the best of my knowledge, Custer wasn't worth that much respect when he was alive, and he sure as hell isn't worth it now.

The more I read about how stupid some of these GOP people are, the more I wanna vote for my dog this election. He might do a better job than some of these idiots.

Rockhead

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 09:01 pm
@mysteryman,
“Well, there’s an entirely different angle to this,” added Chris Stearns, a Navajo lawyer and chairman of the Seattle Human Rights Commission. “I think you could argue that when Gov. Martinez met with Pat Rogers, she disrespected the memory of intelligent people everywhere.”

mysteryman

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 09:07 pm
@Rockhead,
That's true, she did...lol
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 09:07 pm
I don't pretend any special insight as to why these characters keep coming out of the woodwork like that. They're on about the same level as the cockroaches that must run with them.
0 Replies

nextone

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 09:37 pm
@mysteryman,
Would you call this a "Tempest in ateepee pot"?
Setanta

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 01:53 am
@nextone,
You are a very bad man.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 04:52 am
@mysteryman,
With time, all great perps of blunders get forgiven and we erect monuments to them. I am reminded of the several monuments that our National Park Service has erected to British General Braddock who, as among some of the "great generals" of the Civil War, weve sorta forgiven and use his memory as a reason to create tourist traps.
Hell, in the Us Civil war, for the most part, THE NORTH did not suffer from a lack of good leadership. Instead is suffered from an overabundance of bad leadership
BillRM

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 07:02 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
British General Braddock who, as among some of the "great generals" of the Civil War,

Civil war you got the wrong war I do think my freind. Drunk
BillRM

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 07:06 am
@mysteryman,
Custer was offer four Gatling guns and turn them down.

With those weapons to fall back on the outcome would had been just a historical note of another battle where the Indians was wiped out.

There was a book written once with the story line that he was found alive on the battle field and ended up being court martial.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 07:14 am
@mysteryman,
Quote:
Rogers, an Albuquerque lawyer and longtime Republican Party of New Mexico activist, told the Journal on Friday that his email was meant to be humorous.

“I made a poor attempt at humor in a private email, and it’s being twisted by a partisan group,” Rogers said. “I certainly intended no offense, but I do apologize.”
[...]
“Quislings, French surrender monkeys. … The state is going to hell,” Rogers’ email began.
[...]
Rogers’ reference to “quislings” was apparently to a World War II word meaning traitors. “French surrender monkeys” is a phrase implying cowardice from the TV show “The Simpsons.”

Rogers’ email was addressed to the governor’s lawyers, Jessica Hernandez and Paul Kennedy; chief of staff Keith Gardner; deputy chief of staff Ryan Cangiolosi; and the governor’s political consultant, Jay McCleskey.
Source
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 07:53 am
It is not getting a lot of press that a judge from Lubbock, Texas, has asked local folks to cough up more taxes. His reasoning: If Obama gets reelected he will sign over our sovereignty to the UN, making it inevitable that UN tanks will roll into Lubbock. He plans to stand before the tanks and the local sheriff has pledged to stand with him. They need the extra taxes to beef up their forces.
jespah

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 08:09 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

The more I read about how stupid some of these GOP people are, the more I wanna vote for my dog this election. He might do a better job than some of these idiots.

What's his position on continuing funding for NASA?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 08:22 am
@BillRM,
Imeant to distinguish Braddock from "other" generals whod fought for the Union in the Civil war. I realize(and I think that the rest of the A2Kers ) know about Gen Braddocks affiliations and era I ralize my sentence was a bit "Spendi like convoluted" but I introduced Braddock separaately. I should not have perhaps, aded the wotf "other" I can see how folks would think Ive assignd him to an era 110 years after his debacles
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 09:18 am
@BillRM,
I read that many years ago. It was a good book, with an interesting premise.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 09:19 am
@nextone,
Very Punny!!!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 09:34 am
@mysteryman,
Quote:

It's a real problem with single issue candidates and their supporters. They get elected on a certain issue and then, unfortunately, get to vote on everything.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 12:32 pm
Anyone familiar with the course of the battle of Greasy Grass (the Injuns won it, they get to name it) will know that not only did Custer have no Gatling guns, he had very little ammuniation. His last order of which we know for certain was a written message to Capt. Benteen to "bring on the trains" (meaning the supply trains, pack mules in this case), and alleging that he had the hostiles on the run. Leaving aside Custer's tenuous grip on reality, one cannot ignore that Benteen, who had a single troop, and those the invalids, was in no position to fight his way to Custer's body of troopers. It was bad enough that the idiot divided his forces in the face of an enemy superior by orders of magnitude, he went rushing in without organizing his forces and concerting a plan of attack. Benteen might have had a dozen Gatling guns in the trains, it would not have changed the fate of Custers force. Benteen, finding himself unable to join Custer, crossed the valley of the Greasy Grass where he joined Major Reno on a knoll, where the remainder of the regiment held out for three days until the hostiles finally abandoned their seige. Even if Reno had had Gatling guns, they were not a mogile weapon. He might have driven off his beseigers more quickly, but he could have done nothing to save that idiot Custer, who deserved to die.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2012 09:20 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
inevitable that UN tanks will roll into Lubbock

Strangely the UN does not have tanks or troops or black helicopters for that matter.

Troops that wear the blue helmets are troops under the UN flag but they are not UN troops but troops of members countries.
0 Replies