augusta

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 03:27 am
Hi i have been seeing my partner for 3 months, he has been a widower for 5 years and has two grown beautiful girls with grandchildren. We both enjoy each others company the problem we have now is that sometimes he has guilty feelings when we take our relationship forward on an intimate level, we do communicate a lot as that is the key we dont seem to have any solutions im just asking you guys if anyone has any tips for us for if any widowers out there that have had the same problem thank you for reading this
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,458 • Replies: 6
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2012 07:09 am
@augusta,
Right now I'm really just bumping up your inquiry in the hope that you find the answer your seek. I'm sorry this is happening. Welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 02:53 pm
@augusta,
Hi Augusta,

(I'm not a psychologist - don't know anyone on this forum that is) My opinion on this is that it is not something you can help him with (easily).

It's something he needs to talk work out for himself - with help, or by himself (with a professional is usually easier).

What sort of guilt is it - does he feel disloyal? Does he feel guilt over the circumstances in which she died? Does he feel that he has something to make up for that he never had a chance to? Or some other.

If he wants to try to work it out by himself - I'd probably ask him to put all his thoughts down in writing (handwriting, not typewritten). The subjects could include : His thoughts on his deceased wife (what he treasured about her, her strengths, her weaknesses, the things that made him love her), what their relationship was like (how he treated her), how it ended, any regrets, what he believes she would think of him moving on, and whether she would want him to move one. Etc.

It might at least help him sort out some of his own thoughts and feelings.

You could also ask for help on some psychology sites. I'm sure there must be some out there. Good luck.
BillRM

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 03:13 pm
@vikorr,
Quote:
handwriting, not typewritten

You just had shown your age typewritten as in using a typewriter

Not that I can talk I still have a typewriter in the back of a closet that I used during the 60s to the 80s or so.

Along with a log log slide ruler in a bedroom draw.
vikorr

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 10:04 pm
@BillRM,
Yeah - I couldn't quite remember if there was terminology for computer typing.

I haven't seen a clickety-clack-ding typewriter for quite some time. Sometimes I feel a bit nostalgic about them...but computers are much easier to type on.
Eva

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 10:37 pm
@vikorr,
In schools here now, they call it "keyboarding."
vikorr

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 04:28 am
@Eva,
Sounds like something you do at the beach.
0 Replies