Blair to be on Survivor in Sept 19

jcboy

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 05:39 am
@Green Witch,
I watched, I was a bit disappointed that there is only one decent looking guy on the show and that’s Pete.
Cool

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width_scaled/hash/55/99/559928538b02309fc5bd8d0423092441.jpg
Green Witch

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 06:02 am
@jcboy,
He's not my type, so he's all yours. but I thought there was a guy with longish hair that looked good on the losing team. My all time favorite was the football play with the dreads (I'm really bad with names and tend to remember players by their physical characteristics). I'll pay better attention next week.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 06:25 am
@Green Witch,
Yes - we just watched it last night - was not home on Wednesdays - Wednesdays are actually busy for us.

Any way - my kids were laughing at Zane. Don't these guys know you can't go around making alliances with everyone - espcially before you get to know them a bit more - they are bound to find out. And Russell doesn't seem like he learned anything from when he was on before.

Blair was a disappointment - although I'm not sure really what I would expect from her just liked her on the show when I was a kid.

At the beginning - I liked the alliance between the therapist and that hick like young guy - pretty much a good alliance if they keep it quiet as it is an unlikely duo. And that guy I thought was not bad looking either.

0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 06:27 am
And what about Michael (aka fire burn guy) - what the heck is up with his accident proneness?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 07:45 am
@Green Witch,
Yup, I'm rooting for Michael and Lisa.

Not missing Zaney Zane.
Linkat

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 08:29 am
@Reyn,
did you see the previews - Blair/Lisa (yeah thanks you helped me remember her real name) - was all whiney and stuff....
jcboy

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 02:09 pm
@Linkat,
Zane was a goofball! Not surprised they voted him off. I think they will tire fast of Russell being so bossy and vote him off when they get the chance.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 04:06 pm
@Reyn,
It's too early for me to think about rooting for anyone.

JC, Here's my pick for best looking guy (aka Malcom):

http://www.newsareweird.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/03-malcolm-freberg.jpg
Reyn

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 09:24 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

did you see the previews - Blair/Lisa (yeah thanks you helped me remember her real name) - was all whiney and stuff....

Yes, I was wondering about that. I like her, but not sure how long she will be around. Knives already seem to be trying to stab her in the back.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2012 03:27 am
I've grown weary of the puzzle challenges. Hey, Survivor people. Come up with something else.

Roxy was a very, very strange person. I think she had the right idea in wanting to get rid of that blonde person.

Three tribes means that each tribe has very few people. Next week the challenge will have to be three people per team. Not such a good idea.
Linkat

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2012 08:00 am
@Roberta,
Probably also set up to have an additional change of tribes - maybe moving randomly into 2 tribes. The more things change that way especially as ties are just being formed - the more some one's position in a tribe can change.

I thought finding the idol right in front of your eyes was good. Wonder if anyone noticed that idol being taken off. I did notice that when they get the rice and thought it was an extremely decorative container for surivor.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2012 10:51 am
I finally watched like 20 minutes of Survivor for the first time in a long while.

Didn't like Roxy. I don't mind if people are religious but if she personally is cold and then the sun comes out, it pisses me off when she takes that as a personal favor from god. If he's going to hand out those kinds of favors on request, seems like there are more important things out there.

Didn't like Angie. ("Cookies"?!!! Psshhh.) I think she's being kept as mostly harmless -- I'm kind of wondering if she'll be one of those who will turn out to be playing that game purposely, and she turns things up a notch at the end if she lasts.

I liked Malcolm and dreadlock dude and sex therapist lady (can't remember everyone's names).
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2012 02:05 pm
I actually like a few people this season. Last season was a big zero for me because none of the characters got me rooting for them.

I think what you see is what you get with Angie, and warm curvy bed partner or not, Malcolm will stab her in the back when he has to to keep his first alliance with the therapist.

Roxy - yeah, God made the sun shine for you, doll. Bye.

Soon as I saw that rice box I thought "oh look! the idol is on top!", I was sure they would all figure it out within minutes and fight over it. Nope.

I don't mind the smaller tribes, and they can always shift them around for interest and to breakup alliances. The problem with last season (besides unlikable players) was no one strategized- they just stuck with Plan A until the bitter end. I didn't even watch the ending because I didn't care.
Linkat

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 07:03 am
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

I think what you see is what you get with Angie, and warm curvy bed partner or not, Malcolm will stab her in the back when he has to to keep his first alliance with the therapist.

My thought as well - she doesn't seem the brightest bulb like being shocked that people noticed she was cuddling up and as a result they would be dubbed a couple. It was surprising me as in "haven't you seen survivor before?"

I did notice the decorated box and thought it odd - duh I should have realized that was the idol.

So the big question is - when is Mike going hurt himself enough to be evacuted?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 10:46 am
Okay, I'm caught up. The blonde chick = no loss. Russell = no loss.
What do you think will happen with the two leftovers? Voting against each other won't work. Maybe put them on separate tribes? Maybe ask if anyone wants to trade tribes and they stay together? I would not want to be them, they have big targets on their back no matter what happens.
Roberta

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 10:52 am
@Green Witch,
I was wondering the same thing. A tribe of two simply won't work. I assume there will be two tribes--unless they make another third one.

I am beyond bored. Having three tribes means that we get to see more boring camp discussions. What happened to the two challenges a show? One for reward and one for immunity? Why do people try to fix things that ain't broke?

Steaks!! Is this survivor or a luxury trip? Give 'em some extra rice and tell 'em to go catch a fish.
jcboy

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 10:58 am
@Green Witch,
He has a nice face but a lot of gay men can’t get past the long hair. No likey Cool

I wasn’t sad to see Russell go either, no loss there.
Reyn

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 11:37 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. A tribe of two simply won't work. I assume there will be two tribes--unless they make another third one.

Maybe they'll do the rock/paper/scissors thing? I think there's an equivalent Survivor feature with rocks when there is a tie vote? Don't forget that when they still had R.I., they had a trible of one person left before the merge.

Quote:
I am beyond bored. Having three tribes means that we get to see more boring camp discussions. What happened to the two challenges a show? One for reward and one for immunity? Why do people try to fix things that ain't broke?

Amen to what you're saying!

More boring camp discussions (way too much!) and the same for the tribal councils. Too much chit chat. Get on with the vote already! Mad Mad

What was the rationale for having 3 teams anyways? They do need to be getting back to 2 challenges per show.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 02:33 am
Two tribes. A reward challenge and an immunity challenge. Plus a sick person. Not as boring as last week.

0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 04:59 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

He has a nice face but a lot of gay men can’t get past the long hair. No likey Cool

It looks like our crushes are going to be dating.