• Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,417 • Replies: 28
No top replies

Fedral

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2004 09:50 am
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2004 11:07 am
sauce for the goose buddy...don't dish it out if you can't take it........playground rules...
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2004 11:11 am
for instance, your team has glossed over and ignored the doctored picture of Kerry made to show him standing next to Jane Fonda.....way more big a deal than the reporting of a remark......

okay A2Kers...help me out with some more examples for George W. Fedral here.......
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2004 11:12 am
errrr, not that I care about Ms. Clinton or her weak attempt at humour, but how is running a gas station a race issue? Are things that different in the U.S.?
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2004 11:19 am
Bi Polar,
You still haven't answered the question of why Democrats seem to get s 'free pass' when they make comments like this, yet you Dem's will attempt to crucify Republicans who mis speak.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2004 11:23 am
Fedral wrote:

Gosh Fedral, considering You guys AND the press have villified Hillary for everything imaginable including her hairstyle and the size of her calves........maybe this one just slipped through the cracks...you're only human...no one holds it against you....being a right wingnut muckraker must be exhausting on top of lying about wars, crashing the economy, and covering statues with blankets...I'm not surprised a few things escape your attention.......don't beat yourself up....
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2004 11:26 am
ehBeth wrote:
errrr, not that I care about Ms. Clinton or her weak attempt at humour, but how is running a gas station a race issue? Are things that different in the U.S.?

because if it can be made into a race issue by Fedral, then in his mind Trent Lott's racial remarks are excused. that's the mindset. If Clinton lied about a blow job, then bush is excused for lying about a war......it's beauty lies in its simplicity. Remember, KISS, and then things come into focus.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2004 11:27 am
Paige's "apology" was more pathetic and offensive as the original remark.

As a former teacher, I know that the *vast* majority of the teachers know that "No Child left behind" is a cruel cynical political ploy to avoid avoid any real reform.

For Paige to go and say that he supported teachers - but not the NEA is ridiculous.

Go to your local public school - sit for a bit in the teacher's workroom and ask the people who are in the classroom what they think of Paige and his BS.

This administration is quite hostile to teachers (not just the NEA which is joined by and supported by most teachers).

Paiges comment reflects this animosity -- and his refusal to give a real retraction says it even more clearly.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2004 11:44 am
With the crew running this administration, person or group exhibiting even a modicum of intelligence or intellect is a terrorist organization.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2004 11:52 am
A2K is a known terrorist cell...
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2004 11:55 am
Give them time, seal, I'm sure if Bush is re-elected we will end up on their radar. Sad
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2004 11:58 am
as the wife of a teacher, the NEA in NY (where Mr. Onyx is from) is very strong - as it should be. The chapter of NEA here in orlando SUCKS. It's sooo scared of standing up to the parents and putting responsiblity on the parents that all kinds of BS flies. I WISH the NEA here were more like a terrorist cell than a pansy taking crap & not supporting the teachers nancy group.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2004 12:16 pm
Try making a joke about terrorists in line at the airport and see what happens.

Paige is the ****ing joke in this equation, and Houston school students have the test scores to prove it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2004 12:20 pm
ditto what bear and pdid and others have said here
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2004 12:21 pm
Librarians are next...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2004 12:29 pm
If Dog had meant us to know stuff, we'd have been born with brains . . .

uhmmmm . . . wait a minit . . .
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2004 12:38 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Librarians are next...

Uh, dys, the Librarian party is being discussed in another thread. Very Happy
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2004 12:56 pm
Setanta wrote:
If Dog had meant us to know stuff, we'd have been born with brains . . .

uhmmmm . . . wait a minit . . .

perhaps dog is dyslexic......that would explain a lot.....
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2004 03:06 pm
Fedral wrote:
You still haven't answered the question of why Democrats seem to get s 'free pass' when they make comments like this

I don't know about Democrats in general. But in the example of Hillary Clinton you chose, she offered a genuine apology one day later in which she called her own utterance "A lame attempt of humor". As a general observation, people will forgive you when you admit your mistakes. They will not forgive you when you offer pseudo-apologies that make things worse.

The only reason this is becoming an issue of Republicans vs. Democrats is this: the Republican party, not to put too fine a point to it, has been taken over by the political equivalent of a cult. Meanwhile, the Democrats are still ruled by the usual bunch of pragmatic, if feuding, politicians. Conventional politicians have no fundamental problem taking a step back and straighten things out. For a cult member though, apologies call the whole idea of ideological superiority into question, so they won't make any.

Thirty years ago, this wouldn't have been a partisan issue. I want Richard Nixon back!
0 Replies