Columbia University Ghost Story

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 08:51 am
@Setanta,
You'd think that the cognitive dissonance would be overwhelming after a while, but I guess that would require some cognition in the first place. More to the point, psychological studies suggest that some people have a very hard time even recognizing contradictory information. In one experiment, for instance, subjects were asked to identify playing cards. Many of the subjects were unaware that some of the cards were the wrong color (e.g. a red ten of spades). They literally could not see the contradictory information.

I think it's the same for gungasnaKKKe and his ilk. It's not that they refuse to deal with contradictory information, like the fact that plenty of students and professors remember Obama from his days at Columbia, it's that, for gunga, that information does not exist. So he'll keep repeating that Prof. Graff had a mandatory class for poli sci students that Obama never attended, even though his own evidence shows that this is categorically false. After all, nobody has come up with any evidence to convince him that he's wrong.
Setanta

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 08:53 am
@joefromchicago,
Incredible, and pathetic--one's mind boggles, although it does explain a good deal of polemic, from whatever the source may be.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 11:01 am
@gungasnake,
Using the old Reagan defense huh, GanjaKKK, "Don't confuse me with facts, my mind is already made up."

Rap

0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2012 09:34 pm
http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hannity/2012/08/08/former-columbia-classmate-calls-obama-unseal-college-transcripts#ixzz23ArWyyKu
joefromchicago

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2012 10:02 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
HANNITY: All right. But you are not doubting that he went and there and we are not suggesting any such thing either.

ROOT: No.

Really, gunga, do you even read the stuff that you link to?
0 Replies