What is truth?

spendius

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 03:01 am
@fresco,
What's the alternative to "infantile and pernicious strife" fresco with 7 billion human beings struggling with scarce resources and unlimited physical and mental demands baying for satisfaction?

Have you a fall forward position which doesn't rationalise our social conditioning.? Should we undermine our social conditioning? If so, how? Or is it just the Holy Books which restrict our exercise of the potentialities of pantsdown positions?

Surely we are all prisoners of our carnal urges assuming ascetic hermits could not have invented, built and maintain the computer you sit at typing out your superiority drivel which does seem to me, though correct me if I'm wrong, a rationalisation of your social conditioning.
fresco

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 09:48 am
@spendius,
....Irrelevant since my co-respondent is sitting at his own computer and not in a third world hovel. Of course, on the assumption that religion remains the opium of the masses. the tragedy is that those with the social and economic means to escape the masses remain institutionalized/addicted and continue to let their intellect atrophy.
spendius

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 11:02 am
@fresco,
It was not in the least irrelevant because I am not talking about anybody's "diabolical English" and I am not saying that people you don't agree with are "doomed to infantile and pernicious religious strife". Nor am I saying that holy books are "psychological palliatives". Your use of big bully words are that.

And I'm not saying people are in prison.

The point about you sitting at your computer was that it is not possible without all the things you beat your gums about which is much more likely caused by your rejection of institutionalised inhibitions on your carnalities.

But feel free to flop out your standard farrago of flapdoodle assertions such as "the tragedy is that those with the social and economic means to escape the masses remain institutionalized/addicted and continue to let their intellect atrophy."

I presume you favour the whole population of the English speaking world to have intellects like yours. Perish the thought.

Do you want the masses to have no opiates?
imans

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 11:03 am
@fresco,
you are pervert stupid that invent anything to say
stupid any situation reality is absolutely so what u say about another is exclusively real about urself
although insulting others is the print of freedom by acting in absolute way as conscious of being out of all, even if negatively it doesnt matter the fact is that i and others are out where u with ur pervert lies strive to pretend being above what u grap as if u were scotched to
and bc things are absolutely then it doesnt matter what u say moron, u r gonna end and get burried down where u have no presence at all nor choice for
and put all ur religious rambling in ur ass, it is u the obvious moron u claim about me, claiming that religion is nothing while u r bringing it as a reason of my words is showing the pervert liar u r in all terms

and again put ur god in ur ass as if mentionning else powers is gonna bring any but worse
imans

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 12:14 pm
@spendius,
spendius, people like u should not better about them

conscious being is first to know that u cant become but u only, and this mean ur lack of guessing right what others are

that is why people like u despite all still believe in others as they believe in themselves, dont, a liar is in all terms useless to listen to and that is always noone can b a liar for one day, any is in absolute terms especially freedom fact of one existence

try to understand what it means to support only right ones as the only existing ones, try to accept that thought but mostly try to picture what any is nothing when it comes to billions of individuals pretending being of same right one existence, and when truth as absolute existence object freedom fact is involved
imans

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 12:15 pm
@imans,
correction, should know better about them
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 12:25 pm
@imans,
That's the best word salad I've seen for some time ! Laughing
imans

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 02:09 pm
@fresco,
of course any perception is food affiliation when it comes to u seeing it, even and particularly then when it is about communication between different humans through words ways
there is never any reality happening but u what u r getting from any
piece of cheapest opportunist proven being monster of lies abilities in the face of absolute truth facts
fresco

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 02:43 pm
@imans,
White man speak with forked ear ?
imans

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 03:12 pm
@fresco,
ur ears are useless forks moron, while what is free **** on ur expectation to get any from pretending being a man or white creation
fresco

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 03:32 pm
@imans,
Is this a relation of yours ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYiO3BzXsO8
imans

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 04:09 pm
@fresco,
**** u u and ur old jesus and put ur propaganda justifications in ur ass piece of **** liar in all terms and no mean but to **** on right heads

truth is gonna burry u alive shitty wait and see ur end, rights by definition dont die while u by definition is to burry alive forever
imans

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 04:16 pm
@imans,
wat is crazy is that insistance to exhibit any characters forms of humans as the reason of any human dirty conditions, as to say nothing about what is obviously suffering just to mean tortures being the reason, but principally to kill the reality of existence being true, as if the glory of creations is to make robots that suffer for useless funny times
piece of liars u gonna burn as worse **** never burned yet
JLNobody

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 05:03 pm
@imans,
Imans, don't listen to Fresco. You are a wonderful addition to our philosophical project. Just keep up your carefully written and deeply thought out posts.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 05:08 pm
@imans,
I do try. I'm just a bit easy going.
0 Replies

Torii

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 05:21 pm
I think this question will always bug me. I'm an advocate of science, my discipline is science, and I'm immersed in it everyday even though I'm a just a lowly intern in a research program. But the thing with science is that I noticed is that science builds models that may be however close it ties to get it never seem to get it entirely. That's we have the so called theories, such as the theory of gravity, the big bang theory, the theory of evolution, the theory of electricity, to name a few. But you know theory is great it has predictive powers and guide us into new directions and force us to ask more questions about nature.
I mean if you ask a physicist about what is gravity, they'll start to throw in string theory and gravitons. Light is another good example. Currently we don't have a very simple model, we have two models, where we use a model where light is treated as a particle to explain a certain case, and other times we use a different model where light is treated as a wave. Yes science enterprises itself to make more and more accurate models, and a model does not necessarily need to be accurate to be useful. I mean high school Chemistry explanations and maybe even freshmen level introductory courses are sufficient with the Bohr model, while the people of the higher academia know that the Bohr model is complete horse doo doo and that electrons are in a cloud like manner ruled by probabilities. Is that helpful for a introductory student, not likely.

So in the given short free time I have, I hope I made myself more clear regarding my thoughts on the topic.
Torii

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2012 08:04 pm
@Torii,
Correction: intern in a research program. ... however close it tries to explain the truth it never seem to get it entirely.
0 Replies

Rorschach

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2012 04:14 pm
@Torii,
Science does not like absolute truths and tries to disprove it. Religion purposes universal truths. The question is whether only agreed truths such as accepted observations that manifests of what is evident, and whether a universal truth exists at all. And if it does exist will humans ever recognize it or could never recognize it as such. Would it be an eternal invisible aspect to which we are blinded?
Any conclusion can be drawn by using something catchy to facilitate any cause. People just end up talking **** in order to pretend to be profound, and in the end you get people following all sorts of bad ideas.
JLNobody

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2012 04:37 pm
@Rorschach,
Very good. "Universal Truth"--as an absolute intellectual proposition-- means a theoretical conclusion that would apply everywhere, always on every level and dimension. It is as "objective" as an individual's interpretation of a rorshach image.
0 Replies

stevefrank

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 05:05 am
@Torii,
When we say something from heart...That's truth.....!!
0 Replies