I Sent Ralph Nader An E Mail

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 03:04 pm
asked how much he was on the bush payroll for and told him I'd help him throw the election at a grass roots level if he'd give me enough money.

do you think I'll get a reply with a nice offer?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,331 • Replies: 59
No top replies

au1929

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 03:30 pm
His speaks of the need to get Bush out office but his actions would indicate the exact opposite. The man is a supreme egotist and the people voting for him unless they want to see Bush stay in office are beyond explanation.
0 Replies

Jarlaxle

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 04:01 pm
Probably not.

I wonder if he'd be willing to use my friend's car for parades--it's a very nice Corvair convertable. Smile
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 04:02 pm
How about an ecologically friendly Burro.....perhaps he could hire some people to walk in front of him spreading palm leaves......
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 04:05 pm
WHAT does he think he's doing? Seriously - is it not clear to him that he can split the vote, and help get Bush re-elected?
0 Replies

Jarlaxle

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 04:44 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
How about an ecologically friendly Burro.....perhaps he could hire some people to walk in front of him spreading palm leaves......

I actually think a JACKASS would be more fitting.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 04:58 pm
Does he know what he is doing? Without a doubt. Why he is doing it is a mystery. Thanks to him we have been visited by the plague these past three years. Is he looking for the misery to continue for another four? I wonder?
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 05:33 pm
Jarlaxle wrote:
Probably not.

I wonder if he'd be willing to use my friend's car for parades--it's a very nice Corvair convertable. Smile

HAHAHAHA!
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 05:53 pm
There is a body of opinion, and I suspect Nader is of that body, that holds that for the democrats to return to their "true" roots, and for the american public to truly understand the nature of the neoconservative political and social program, they have to feel the full effect of that program's goals. Only then will they be sufficiently radicalized to revive the true "faith". If that is the case I would have thought that Nader would understand that he accomplished his goal in 2000, but apparently not.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 05:59 pm
So what's his platform this time? I can't figure out why he'd choose to stand either.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 06:23 pm
Nobody but Nader is addressing corporate running of our government. I believe this may be a ploy to get Kerry and Edwards to make a deal about that.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 06:34 pm
That's an interesting perspective, edgar. I can understand why he'd make that an issue, but ONLY if his participation doesn't lead to more years of Bush.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 07:14 pm
dlowan wrote:
WHAT does he think he's doing? Seriously - is it not clear to him that he can split the vote, and help get Bush re-elected?

What is he doing?

He is supporting me, and people like me.That's what Nader is doing and I am very grateful he is running.

Look at it this way. I am intelligent. I am an independent thinker. And, I resent that Democrats and others on the left assume they somehow "own" my vote. I do lean left on many issues, but I don't owe my vote to anyone.

And there are many people like me. If you resent this ... tough!

If Kerry and the Democrats want to earn my vote they need to stop all this whining. Kerry needs to show me that he has the backbone to be president. He needs to speak clearly about the war. He need to speak clearly about homosexual rights and taxes and and the other issues I care about.

I voted for Nader in 2000, and I say this proudly. Gore lost my vote and I regret nothing.

If Kerry wants my vote, fine. If not, well with four more years of Bush, the republicans will take the blame for what happens (which will start to hurt in time for 2008). Frankly, I prefer this to a mediocre Democrat.

Some will keep attacking Nader and we supporters. You don't understand that you are the problem not us.

But it doesn't matter. My vote is mine. If you want it, then stop whining and start addressing the issues that we believe in and that Nader represents.

Nader is right! It is up to the Democrats to make him unnecessary.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 07:16 pm
And BPB,

Don't worry. I sent Nader an email as well!

------
Run Ralph Run!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 07:22 pm
Well said, brown!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 07:24 pm
<smacking forehead>

ebrown... 4 more years of Bush is better than Kerry or Edwards?

Really, looking me in the eyes... 4 MORE YEARS OF BUSH is better than Kerry or Edwards?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 07:33 pm
Sozobe,

<<looking you directly in the eyes>>

Your opinion, your vote. My opinion, my vote.

But I think we can both agree that the best thing would be a well run campaign where Kerry or/and Edwards stand up for the ideals that you and I care about, followed by a competent, progressive administration.

Kerry and/or Edwards can win my vote and probably the votes of most Nader voters.

A good first step for the Democrats is to stop whining.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 07:37 pm
"Whining"?

Argh.

I'm yelling, angrily.

WHAT CAN BE ACCOMPLISHED BY THIS?

Did you think the Democrats were ignoring you, before? That this will make them pay attention to you?

The only positive outcome I can see is if Nader makes a bit of a stir, and then when he has attention, endorses the Democratic nominee. Anything else will leave me wanting to do him severe bodily harm.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 07:49 pm
I would like to see Dean run as an independant as well. Draw out even more votes...
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 07:53 pm
McGentrix wrote:
I would like to see Dean run as an independant as well. Draw out even more votes...

We are well aware that you don't have enough confidence in your boy to accomplish anything on his own merit bud, you don't have to keep emphasizing it.
0 Replies