Hi I am an Obsessive Person

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 07:51 am
Hello everyone, while I do not have compulsive disorders, I suffer from obsessive anxiety in general. It is frustrating, and medication is not an option for me. But I want to learn some ways people counter there obsessive actions on this site. I want to learn new coping mechanisms to deal with my anxiety, and stress.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,762 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 07:59 am
@frankdee,
Why not get counseling?

Obviously this issue is enough of a problem for you that you're asking strangers. Find a good (recommended) counselor and get some help.

Mow I'm off. I'm going to continue my obsessive behavior and comb the Internet for entertainment for the rest of my natural life.
jcboy

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 08:18 am
@Ragman,
Yep and there is no shame in that.

I know I’ve seen plenty of psychiatrist’s in my time. I’m not kidding either.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 08:26 am
@frankdee,
Meditation will definitely help.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 29 Jul, 2012 08:29 am
@jcboy,
hi! Nice to see you here as usual.

Seriously, psychiatrists and counselors DO help many people with some problems but not ALL.

Where I think they can help reasonably well is with a problem such as obsession. However, one should never expect an instant cure..or sometimes a cure in the way you might think.

What you can learn is/are coping skills that allow you to work with the problem. This can lessen a problem's negative effect in your life. Behavior modification can make some people behavior less dysfunctional. Sometimes that is a reasonable expectation and result.

Yes, meditation can help. In my experience I've found that counseling can be a bit more helpful; however, using both can be an even more productive approach.
0 Replies