Dem gun reformers give Obama a pass

hilbert

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 10:10 am
Well, he hasn't done all he could at least he hasn't made it worse, in spite of the NRA's rants

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/240839-dem-gun-reformers-give-obama-a-pass-as-they-push-for-tougher-laws
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 900 • Replies: 3
No top replies

RABEL222

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2012 02:37 pm
@hilbert,
When will people realize its congress, not the president that is the problem. Legal graft is the problem along with a S.C. that cant see that they are destroying our democracy. Some common sense rather than technical interpretation would help. Paying an elected politician money to vote the way one wants is graft even if its legally called political contributions.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 05:26 am
@hilbert,
hilbert wrote:
Well, he hasn't done all he could at least he hasn't made it worse, in spite of the NRA's rants

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/240839-dem-gun-reformers-give-obama-a-pass-as-they-push-for-tougher-laws

Obama has TRIED to make it worse. As soon as he entered the White House he started babbling about raping the Constitution.

But he had no chance of overthrowing our freedom with the NRA on guard. And ultimately it was his own party that stepped in and told Obama to keep his grubby hands off our Constitution.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 06:30 pm
@oralloy,
I seriously doubt that a man of Obama's intelligence had any intention of doing anything whatever to abrogate your Second Amenment rights. You used the right expression, oralloy -- "babbling." That's all he was doing in order to appease some of the extreme left who, after all, helped to put him in the White House. Obama never had the least intention of doing anything at all about gun control. It was all talk and anyone familiar with Washington politics should have realized that right away. The NRA wouldn't stand for anything like that. However, they don't mind and can well understand that a politician needs votes wherever he can get them and that anti-gun people constituted a large part of Obama's support base. A goodly portion of that constituency have come to realize this now, four years later, and a portion of them, at least, will not vote for his re-election.

I plan to vote for Obama in November, however. This is a slick, pragmatic and realistic moderate (much like Mitt Romney). If Romney should get elected, I can live with that. Another middle-of-the-roader like myself. But I'd rather have a Democrat in there.
0 Replies