giving sb "the lead on a powerful angle"

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 07:09 pm
In the following sentence,"The power of this study rose to our collective consciousness and gave us the lead on a powerful angle for our relationship-marketing program." What is "the lead on a powerful angle"? Is it a metaphor? Thanks a lot.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,549 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 08:34 pm
@Elisabeth,
That is one of the most atrocious sentences I've read in years. I have no idea what the hell the writer is talking about. What's the context here?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 08:40 pm
@Elisabeth,
The lead is pretty much a direction, or a hint of a direction. An angle is a new approach.

Andy, I share your confusion on the sentence, itself.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 09:14 pm
@Elisabeth,
Quote:
In the following sentence,"The power of this study rose to our collective consciousness and gave us the lead on a powerful angle for our relationship-marketing program." What is "the lead on a powerful angle"? Is it a metaphor? Thanks a lot.

It means, "showed us the way which allowed us to take an aggressive or certain route for the relationship-marketing program. A "lead" is a term for some knowledge someone has garnered which gives them an advantage over others in pursuit of some goal.
0 Replies