Gun fans - do you have a solution? Does one exist?

hilbert

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 08:02 am
Here is a 62 page list of major shootings in the US since 2005.

http://www.bradycampaign.org/xshare/pdf/major-shootings.pdf
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 1,916 • Replies: 12
No top replies

hilbert

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 11:18 am
@hilbert,
Come on, all you chip in. Has your voice become silent as soon as you're asked for an answer? Or maybe you guys can only criticize other's answers, but have none of your own
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 11:38 am
It is the responsibility of all of us decent gun owners to make sure that no bad persons ever are allowed to have a gun in their hands.

Our responsibility, not the cops, not the FBI, not the AFT, ours, for to do otherwise allows a danger to the public at large and a threat to our freedom to be armed.

Joe(We owe it to the unarmed)Nation
dlowan

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 11:40 am
@Joe Nation,
How ya gonna do that?
Atom Blitzer

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 11:44 am
@hilbert,
Biological guns. Like you see in them alien movies, where you know grunt soldier aliens have guns built into their arms or a gun that only operates with the certain DNA of the grunt, and these grunts can only be controlled by the queen, or the president, or whatever.

That will solve most of our problems.
Joe Nation

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 11:46 am
@dlowan,
I would wager that all of the gun rights advocates on this forum can come up with many solutions.

After all, it is their responsibility.

Joe(don'tcha think?)Nation
0 Replies

hilbert

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 11:52 am
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation says, "It is the responsibility of all of us decent gun owners to make sure that no bad persons ever are allowed to have a gun in their hands"

Joe, how do you suggest doing this - with an armed, torch and pitchfork mob?
I know that government is inept at this, but we gotta find a way for THEM to do what we cannot do for ourselves
hilbert

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 11:57 am
@hilbert,
Still, guys, I beg for an answer and saying who shouldn't do it along with platitudes won't solve this very real problem
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 12:01 pm
Essentially, this is a bait thread, even if you didn't intend it that way. People who are fervent anti-gun control partisans aren't going to rise to your bait. You know, you can come here to raise what you think are questions of interest and importance, but that doesn't mean either that others will agree with you, or play along.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 12:04 pm
@hilbert,
First, we are going to have to find a single gun owner who thinks he has a responsibility to the community to keep guns out of the hands of those who shouldn't have them.

Joe(one will come riding in soon on the back of a unicorn)Nation
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 12:20 pm
@Atom Blitzer,
Atom Blitzer wrote:

Biological guns. Like you see in them alien movies, where you know grunt soldier aliens have guns built into their arms or a gun that only operates with the certain DNA of the grunt, and these grunts can only be controlled by the queen, or the president, or whatever.

That will solve most of our problems.

Or perhaps the biological/organic guns featured in the very trippy and brilliant David Cronenberg film eXistenZ (1999).
http://www.johncartermcknight.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/existenz-gun.jpg

Sorry. Not the biological guns which you were talking about. My bad.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 03:16 pm
@Joe Nation,
Surely you arnt advocating that I shoot my neighbor if I think he is a bad person? In our present society I see no way to keep guns from people who want them. Most states dont even make gun sellers check on who they sell them to.
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 08:26 am
@Joe Nation,
Quote:
First, we are going to have to find a single gun owner who thinks he has a responsibility to the community to keep guns out of the hands of those who shouldn't have them.

I am pretty sure you are engaging in satire?

0 Replies