This'll Be About 100 Times I've Mentioned It

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 06:39 pm
bush is the luckiest guy I've ever known about....this is soooooo convenient.,....

http://www.sundaytelegraph.news.com.au/story/0,9353,8752173-28778,00.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,398 • Replies: 24
No top replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 06:47 pm
I sure hope that pans out.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 06:52 pm
The problem is that the last time one of these hight altitude monitoring cameras found a tall guy with a beard, they threw a rocket at him and it turned out to a scrap metal scavenger... really creamed him though, good shot.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 07:00 pm
I figured all along they would have some such bit of good news in time for the election.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 07:03 pm
Maybe wishful thinking
Quote:
Search Has Spread Beyond AfghanistanOn Monday, the Pentagon acknowledged the search for bin Laden and top al Qaeda leaders has spread well beyond Afghanistan.

"That is not good news for the U.S.," Cannistraro said. "Bin Laden and his top assistant [Ayman] Al-Zawahiri can reconstitute now in places where they have known bases, Southeast Asia or the east coast of Africa." American intelligence authorities say that while al Qaeda has been disrupted, and a few leaders have been captured and killed, bin Laden himself remains one step ahead of the United States, with the central nervous system of his terror network still intact.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/world/DailyNews/escape020114.html
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 07:25 pm
Re: Maybe wishful thinking
pistoff wrote:
Quote:
Search Has Spread Beyond AfghanistanOn Monday, the Pentagon acknowledged the search for bin Laden and top al Qaeda leaders has spread well beyond Afghanistan.

"That is not good news for the U.S.," Cannistraro said. "Bin Laden and his top assistant [Ayman] Al-Zawahiri can reconstitute now in places where they have known bases, Southeast Asia or the east coast of Africa." American intelligence authorities say that while al Qaeda has been disrupted, and a few leaders have been captured and killed, bin Laden himself remains one step ahead of the United States, with the central nervous system of his terror network still intact.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/world/DailyNews/escape020114.html
[/quote

That's dated Jan 15 2002.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 07:31 pm
Yes
Do you think that makes it less valid?

Could Osama be so stupid as to stay in an area that he knows sooner or later will be looked into?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 07:33 pm
I think he's nomadic, yes and hangs his hat in many rotating locations, but I get your point and it's well taken.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 07:54 pm
Al Q.
A big deal is being made now of capturing Osama but for two years Dubya has hardly mentioned his name and it doesn't seem that there has been a great effort in capturing OBL. I have serious doubts that he will be captured. Does anyone believe that his capture will stop Al Q. attacks abroad or in the US?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 08:00 pm
Stop?... probably not. Reduce? Probably. If you don't want someone attacking your land; it is prudent to take the fight to them. Idea
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 08:02 pm
I'm betting on a capture right around October 15th............
0 Replies

Heywood

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 09:12 pm
Man, I hope to God that article is true (the one that says he's found).

As much as I dislike Bush, I truly despise Osama. It'll probably get Bushboy reelected (thanks to the "shithead vote" phenomenon), but no matter. We've got to get this fool. Alive, if possible.

I would love to see him on trial, get all the "dirty laundry" out in the open, then stick him in solitary for the rest of his life.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 09:21 pm
Bin Laden knows too much about Bush to ever be put on public trial. Or so I and millions of others believe- - - -
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 11:12 pm
Hmmmm, then...
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 10:47 am
edgarblythe wrote:
Bin Laden knows too much about Bush to ever be put on public trial. Or so I and millions of others believe- - - -

Huh? What does that mean?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 10:52 am
Smile
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 11:03 am
Laughing
0 Replies

Heywood

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 03:45 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Huh? What does that mean?

Come on dude. It means that he'll probably be killed instead of captured alive. Osama can come out of his cave with a necklace of flowers, waving a white flag and singing our national anthem, he'll still catch a bullet in the dome.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 03:57 pm
unless he's carrying a big check for the reelect GWB campaign......
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 04:23 pm
Heywood wrote:

Come on dude. It means that he'll probably be killed instead of captured alive. Osama can come out of his cave with a necklace of flowers, waving a white flag and singing our national anthem, he'll still catch a bullet in the dome.

Thats exactly what they said about Saddam. All the papers and all the pundits were claiming that the Administration would NEVER allow Saddam to be captured alive even if Saddam surrendered. Rolling Eyes

Most of y'all have NO clue the level of discipline that our Special Forces troops have. They WANT him captured alive and it would be a near impossibility to order one of them to 'accidentally' kill Osama for any reason.

pistoff wrote:
A big deal is being made now of capturing Osama but for two years Dubya has hardly mentioned his name and it doesn't seem that there has been a great effort in capturing OBL.

Why do you think that there are almost no Special Forces or Ranger units in Iraq at present? Almost every deployable special operations unit that this country has are sitting in Afghanistan.

This includes the 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 10th Special Operations Groups, the bulk of the 75th Ranger Regiment, the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment and numerous other units that have been in Afghanistan since the initial attack.

Many of the members of these units have deployed to Afghanistan, been there long enough to rotate home for a while and then have deployed again to that God forsaken hellhole of a country. So please don't cheapen their contributions by claiming that they are not 'making and effort' to capture him.
0 Replies