Mass Shooting At Denver Batman Movie Premiere

izzythepush

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 08:27 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
LOL I could alway run over you with a car but I guess you are lucky as I never been brave enough to rent and drive a car on roadways where the cars are traveling in the "wrong' direction.

You get confused very easily don't you? I'm not surprised that was beyond you.
spendius

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 08:39 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
Thank god repeat thank god for our founders to say the least this is sad.

It sure is. I bet you're itching to do some freedom fighting in Syria except for you being an armchair tough guy.
farmerman

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 08:45 am
@izzythepush,
I was listeninmg to Ben STein thiw AM and he was spewing the right hand view that gun contyrol doesnt stop gun deaths. Of course he had no other idea in his pointy head.
He never realized that , for the cities with gun control and out of control gun deaths , that the issue is surrounding counties of , say DC and Chicago and NY are like gun WALMARTS where one could purchase (for secondary markets) uncountable amounts of guns to give to the gang members.

The NRA guys never bring that up
BillRM

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 08:58 am
@spendius,
Quote:
bet you're itching to do some freedom fighting in Syria

Do you still allow your military to practice with real weapons inside the UK or do they need to leave the country as your Olympics pistol team does?

Hmm maybe that had been why your military and government had been so willing to go into trouble spots with US troops so at least they get to fired real guns instead of air guns with less then 16.2 joules of energy.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 09:00 am
@BillRM,
More delusional bullshit from the man unable to deal with reality.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 09:03 am
@BillRM,
The fact that you, with your history of violence towards women, and refusal to come to terms with reality, is allowed to amass a small arsenal shows exactly what's wrong with the gun laws in your country. You're not to be trusted with a spoon.
BillRM

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 09:04 am
@farmerman,
My my and even if gun laws are as insane as in the UK and country wide how is that going to limit bad people from getting firearms given that we now have over 300 millions guns in the country and we never been able to stop drugs from coming across our borders but we are going to be able to stop firearms?

Not to mention that any modern machine shop can turn out firearms if somehow you do close the borders and track down the 300 millions plus firearms inside the nation borders at the moment.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 09:23 am
@izzythepush,
I can post a lot more if you want.
However, your response to the ones I posted tell me that no matter how much evidence is given to you, you will refuse to accept it.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 09:37 am
@mysteryman,
Why don't you accept the evidence that our country has a far lower homicide rate than yours, and the main reason for that is gun control. You lost the argument over here a long time ago.

You remind me of one of those blokes that used to go on about people surviving car crashes because they weren't wearing seatbelts. The figures speak for themselves, and you can dig up as much anecdotal evidence as you want. Significantly more people are victims of gun crime in America than in Britain.

You can go on about how you're freer than we are, but we know that's bullshit, just like the lies and exaggerations your Media broadcast about the NHS when Obama tried to introduce Universal Health Care.

Another thing, I really don't give a monkeys whether or not you all have guns. Although I think it's a shame that people like Firefly run a far greater risk of being shot, just so people like you can have a gun.

Next year, my daughter will be spending a couple of weeks on holiday in Florida followed by a year's study in China, and I'm far more concerned about the fortnight in Florida than the year in China.
BillRM

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 09:41 am
@mysteryman,
Do not worry about it our friends from across the pond have given up one of the most important guaranteed of keeping their freedom and deep down they know it.

They need to somehow justify to themselves that they took the right path and that mean attacking us who had been lucky enough for now not to follow them into turning our population into defenseless sheep.

Sheep that is not even allow to target practice inside the country even when being on their Olympics pistol team.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 09:50 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Do not worry about it our friends from across the pond have given up one of the most important guaranteed of keeping their freedom and deep down they know it.
Well, I could say that because the Nazi's s completely deregulated the acquisition and transfer of rifles, shotguns, pistols, ammunition etc with their new laws, we all felt safer here in Germany during that period ...
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 09:51 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Delusional again. We have ensured the safety of our children. We're far freer than you'll ever be, our MPs are accountable to us. Your Congressmen/Senators are accountable to big business.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 09:53 am
Not all of us in the USA enjoy being targets. The current culture is against us. As Robert pointed out on a different thread, it is something that will have to phase out on its own, as attitudes slowly change. In short - Not in my lifetime.
mysteryman

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 10:01 am
@izzythepush,
First off, I'm not arguing that.
I haven't posted anything that even remotely says what you just attributed to me.
Its simple math, a country with fewer guns and fewer people will usually have fewer gun deaths.

To be honest, I think you are overlooking why the second amendment was included in the constitution.
We had just fought and defeated what was considered, at that time, the most powerful nation on earth. A nation that had sent a vast army and navy to try and keep us as subjects to a govt that considered us second class citizens.
I won't go into a full discussion about the causes of the American revolution, but suffice it to say that the colonies got tired of the way the crown was treating them.
Because of how we had been treated by the crown, and because at that time there really was no standing army in this country, and because firearms were needed for survival, the framers of the constitution included the second amendment.

IMHO, part of the reason that the "gun culture" never began in England is because there was never a reason to. There was never a need to defend yourself against hostile invasions or against Indian attack, there was never the "westward expansion" that there was here in the US, there was never a serious need to hunt for food (at least not in the great prairies like we have here), in short England was already "civilised", while the US was still growing and expanding.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 10:14 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Its simple math, a country with fewer guns and fewer people will usually have fewer gun deaths.
That's why those statistics aren't done with "simple math". For instance, in England and Wales in 2009 there were 0.073 recorded intentional homicides committed with a firearm per 100,000 inhabitants; for comparison, the figure for the United States was 3.0, about 40 times higher, and for Germany 0.2 ....
mysteryman

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 10:18 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Why did you include the word "intentional"?
That could be a dodge of the issue, or it could mean you aren't counting "unintentional" or accidental gun deaths.
Surely you wouldn't try and fudge the numbers like that, would you?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 10:22 am
@mysteryman,
Well, I didn't include the word "intentional" but it's done by my source, the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime: Homicides by firearm statistic via britannica and wikipedia.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 10:30 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

That could be a dodge of the issue, or it could mean you aren't counting "unintentional" or accidental gun deaths.
Well, as far as I could find out, suicides and other "unintentional" are counted indeed by most statistic office separately. You may look up why it's done differently in the USA - it is done differently, you say, isn't it?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 12:24 pm
@mysteryman,
When you were revolting against us, we were dealing with the very real menace of France, which could also be viewed as the most powerful nation on Earth.

I've not had a great deal to do with you, we're obviously poles apart politically, but that doesn't mean we can't be civil.

I wasn't describing you in my response, but noting the argument put forward by BillRM and Oralboy. If you look at Bill's consistant refusal to accept the facts of gun ownership in the UK, and ridiculous suggestion that our military aren't even allowed live ammunition, you can see he may be free to do lots of things, but make an informed decision isn't one of them.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 12:25 pm
@mysteryman,
The US government agency National Center for Injury Prevention and Control does it as well.
0 Replies